International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #1  

jtcweb

Tractor
Ford 2N, Ford 4000 and DR Field & Brush Mower
My wife's aunt has a pair of International 274 Diesel tractors and asked me to look at them and I don't know anything about them. She is looking to sell one of them. She hasn't tried to start it in over a year and now it won’t start. I'm going to drain all the fuel and flush with kerosene, then change the filters and see if that helps. It does crank over (after charging the battery of course) so it isn't seized.

Can someone give me an idea of HP and what it is worth? It does have hydraulics on it, I don’t know if this was an option or came standard. I don’t know what year it was made, if I had to guess I would say late 70’s or early 80’s. There is a tag on the engine that says it was made by Komatsu.

P.S. It is an offset tractor

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #2  
I have no personnal experience with that model, never even heard of a 274 but according to homepage it is 27HP and was manufactured in 1983-85, they value it from $4500 to $6000 or thereabout depending on condition.

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #3  
IH 274s were an offset version of the 284 and had 28 PTO hp. Does it have cultivators with it? If it does you may want to contact Norm at LaPorte Farm Equipment in Westfield NY, as they may have some buyers for this specialty tractor. Thier number is 716 326 4671.

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About
I think it has the cultivator mount on it, but no teeth. There is a iron bar about 1.5" square under the belly that goes up and down with the hydraulics. She has the same setup on her Cubs and the cultivator teeth (I'm not a farmer so I don't know what they are called) slide on it and stay in place with a set screw. It sweeps back at about a 30 degree angle and the teeth look inter-changable with what is on the cub. Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• 463995-274.jpg
    463995-274.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3,558
   / International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #5  
My word! What a neat little rig! Looks like my friends IH Cub or pony or whatever it is called!
Ken

It is at least twice the size of a Cub, however ground cleareance looks to be the same.

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #7  
Great small tractor! Was that the last incarnation of the A/Super A/100/130/140 series? It looks to be so in spirit if not in the 'genetics'.

I don't know anything about it other then the fact that they love it for row cropping. It has a very slow speed and in fact she runs a tiller behind it now. If you look at the 2nd one in the background you will see their potato digger under the belly. It is basicly a blade that is lower in the front and higher in the back and they drive down the potato row and then you go back and pick the potato's out of the lose dirt.

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #9  
Awesome tractor. I love mine.

A real work horse in and out of the garden

Arrived in 1985
274_in_1985.jpg

repainted and new decals in 2005
274_in_2005.JPG

/ International 274 Diesel - Tell Me About #10  
I have a International 274 Diesel offset with the cultivator stuff. I'd be interested in help getting it fixed, or selling it. I don't know enough to keep it repaired properly, but at the moment I've got two problems:
won't turn over - it was working fine, then I turned it off, now it won't turn over at all. Battery is good because I was just running it. Starter was replaced 2 years ago. What else could it be?
Second problem is the hydraulic is not lifting in the back. The belly cultivator bar lifts just fine (if I could get it started), but not the back.