Silly Question

/ Silly Question #1  

Bowhunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Does Case IH offer super-steer on the Farmalls like is offered on the Boomers? Thanks.

/ Silly Question #2  
I don't believe that is available on that line. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Or maybe to be a little more accurate, I don't recall ever seeing anything that says that it is available. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Silly Question #3  
It most definitely was NOT available back when they were simply "Case" (DX) models. Haven't seen anything saying it will now become available on the "Farmall" badged units.

Before you let that deter you from the Farmalls, though - there are a ton of threads here discussing the pros AND cons of supersteer. It could turn out you'd rather be without it for your situation.

/ Silly Question #5  
Not a stupid question at all. Both brands might have been made in the same factory now-a-days /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Silly Question #6  
It was never an option on the Case line because the parent company, CIH, kept this option strictly for New Holland in order to differentiate the two CUTs.

/ Silly Question #7  
Bowhunter,

Case does not offer the supersteer option as it was a NH exclusive. I have talked with some guys that tried the supersteer and did not see that the price justified the option. My DX33 turns plenty short without the supersteer.

/ Silly Question #8  
CIH is not the parent company. Case New Holland or CNH is the name of the parent company which is actually just Fiat. Fiat bought Ford/NH and slowly phased out the Ford name as was arranged by Ford. Then they bought Case International and merged the two lines. Each company keeps something that is brand specific to give them a selling edge. NH has Supersteer and I think megaflow hydraulics while CIH has the Quad trak and a few other things. All these tractors have a counterpart one blue one red and each like tractor is built in the same plant with different sheet metal getting added at the end.

/ Silly Question
Sorry, another silly question. I'm not very familiar with the CaseIH. What is the Quad Trak?

/ Silly Question #10  
The quad trak is the track version of the STX 4wd. CIH also has a wheeled version that is shared with NH as the TJ. You can not get a tracked version of the TJ.

Here is a STX 375 Quad Trak

Attachments

• 478943-STX375 QT.JPG
    478943-STX375 QT.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 229