Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners...

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
Just thought I'd compile a list of DX24E and NH TZ24DA owners so we can compare notes, share info, ask questions, etc. Guess I should add DX18E and TZ18DA owners, since the only difference is the motor size.

I seem to be getting more PM's from guys looking to purchase either of the 2 machines, so it would be nice to have a list of folks who own one that I can refer them to also.

I also posted this over on the NH forum, but you only have to answer once.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #2  
Hi Bandit67:
I am about to buy a DX24E from Bob Wolff at Woodbury Tractor. The unit is in w/ a 60' mmm, I will have to wait for the FEL and snowblower, no delivery dates yet from the factory. I looked at all the SCUTS, the dealer was the deciding factor. I decided I liked the two pedals instead of the single pad, the swing down grill guard on the Case, built in tach, tool box, larger stock alternator (35 A). Bob is only 15 min. up the road, had the best price (thousands under the NH). I know this is first year production for the DX24 but I felt Bob would stand behind the product. I know the Orange list is always jumping with postings, I hope we can get a good exchange going with the DX section.
Joe

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners...
Cool, I'll put your name in my list.

I just got a set of bar tires put on last night (finally got the turfs off), and man, that little machine is like a bulldozer now. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bob's been around for a long time, and you don't survive in that part of the state without good customer service, so you should be in good hands.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #4  
Hi Bandit67:
Did you get the tires weighted? I have not decided but are leaning against it. Been collecting discarded weights from the local town dump to put in a box or rig up a weight bar for the rear. Rather put the weight on when I need it than have it in the tires all the time. The tire options are turf or bar? Is the bar too agressive for cutting the lawn? I could get a mounted set of bars for the winter if I need them. The driveway is 400' paved downhill so I don't know if the turfs are enough for the snow. I 'll send some pix when the DX gets delivered. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Joe

Joe,

No, I didn't weight the tires - just slimed them - have lots of Russian Olive trees to dig up (they have thorns). A lot of guys running the bar tires on their Kubota BX's tell me they really don't have problems on the lawn. You just have to be careful not to turn too sharp and too fast, or mow too soon after a rain, which in your area may be a bit of a problem (although I heard from a number of BX owners running bars for mowing in CT). I plan to run the tires about 2 lbs under max inflation for mowing - I set them up at +5lbs in the front and +3lbs (over max listed on tires) for dirt work, based on experience with the front turfs flattening out when they were right at the listed max inflation. Bias plys have weaker sidewalls than radials, and the general consensus in the tire world is you should run 5 lbs over listed max inflation when using bias plys with a heavy load.

I actually did some work pushing trees down last night, and the tractor had better traction with the bar tires and nothing on the back than it did with the turfs and my 450 lb. tiller on the 3 ph. Typically, when I need weight on the rear, I can choose from the 225 lb rake, the 375 lb rear blade, or the tiller. In the winter, I'll use the FEL and the rear blade in the snow with the bar tires. Maybe someday I'll put the turfs back on, but I have a good year of dirt work to do, so I'll just take it easy while mowing and deal with it.

I spent way too much time spinning the turfs in the dirt - didn't realize how much better the bars would be in the dirt until I gave them a try last night. Can't wait to get a bunch more work done this weekend and give the bars a good workout.

PS - I really hated the turfs, even in 4wd in that wet heavy CT snow (either on paved or gravel drives) back when I lived there (Morris) - that experience is what led me to switch over to the bar tires this time around.

Ed

Well, I have now had 2 bothersome issues.

At 8 hours, one of the O-rings on the loader valve blew out and started pouring hyd. fluid all over the ground - it appeared that the O-ring was pinched when it was assembled at the factory. At around 24 hours, I noticed a small drip on the floor under the tranny, and some oil residue on the tranny bottom. At 30 hours, the next afternoon after mowing, I came home to find a 9"x 4" puddle under the tractor - probably about a tablespoon total. Turns out the fluid is hyd. fluid leaking at the transmission case where the front drive shaft goes in, so possibly another bad gasket.

My salesman told me to go ahead and use it this weekend, then he'll pick it up Monday and get it back to me before the long weekend. The night I found the big leak (Wed.), I decided to go out and really work the tractor for an hour, to see if I could get the gasket to give out, so that if it did, my dealer could pick it up before the weekend and leave me with another machine to use. But, only a small drip Thurs am. Then last night, I took the tractor out to the back yard to hook up my rear blade to the new Pat's Easy Change (which is awesome /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif), and brought it back in and parked it for the night. This morning, another large puddle under the tractor. So it appears that if I work it hard, virtually no leaks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I hope that's the M.O. for this weekend, cause I have a lot of work to do.

Other than those 2 freakin gaskets /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, this machine seems to be quite a workhorse. I'm real happy with my dealer, cause he has to drive a little over an hour each way to come down and pick up and re-deliver, and he hasn't once complained to me about it. That's one of the reasons I bought from him - he assured me that the after-sale support was top notch, and so far, he's right. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #7  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifI have DX24E with 54"MMM,blade,tiller . 58 hours now & I love it ! Works great !! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif 50 hour service has been done by dealer . Dealer has sold 5 or 6 atleast 18 & 24 , 2 more in showroom. Another local dealer sells blue & orange but is pushing orange hard with no TZ`s in or ordered.

Are you sure leak underneath isn`t from loose filter . Mine was okay but dealer told me there was bulliten to check filters.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #8  
I am looking at a DX18. Seems a little underpowered for the 60 inch mower. Would the DX22 be worth a thousand dollars more?

How do you guys like this tractor after two years and what do you dislike about it?

Looked at Deere and Kubota and did not think they compared, especially at the lower price for the DX.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #9  
I am looking at a DX18. Seems a little underpowered for the 60 inch mower. Would the DX22 be worth a thousand dollars more?

How do you guys like this tractor after two years and what do you dislike about it?

Looked at Deere and Kubota and did not think they compared, especially at the lower price for the DX.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #10  
hymar88 :

Can`t help you alot other than only guy I know with DX18E wishes he had spent extra for more hp. If you think your going to use anything other than mower , go for more power. I have DX 24E with 54 " mower ,5` blade , 48" tiller and 50" front mount snowblower. The only thing my tractor even notices for power is the blower and I am very satisfied with that as well but would not want any less power with it ! Only debate I am having right now is whetheror not to put front end loader on . /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe I should trade entire package for larger unit so I could have one more up on my service manager who has 2 less hp than me and may be reading this ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif