Another Class II Cup Holder Idea

/ Another Class II Cup Holder Idea #1  

blackjack

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX33 Farmall
I know there have been some different home-made cup holder ideas around on the forums, so I thought I would share mine. Please forgive me for my poor instructions, but hopefully the pictures will help.
This was on my class II unit with an LX114 loader (14LA for you NH folks), I'm not sure if this will work on other sized Farmalls/Boomers.
I found these cup holders made for boats, and thought they would work perfect for a tractor too. They are made by "Bar Bouy" and I bought my at Cabela's for about $10. Now I needed a place to mount it. I noticed that the loader frame has a hole on each side - perfect!! I simply found a carriage bolt that fits, cut a block of wood and drilled a hole to countersink the carriage bolt and fastened it through the hole. Now I had a nice surface to mount my cup holder to. Fastened the Bar Bouy mount and I was all set - even got mine in <font color="red">Red </font>!

This attachment is a picture of the cup holder installed.

Blackjack

Attachments

• 508588-RTSIDE.jpg
    508588-RTSIDE.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 598
   / Another Class II Cup Holder Idea
Here is a pic of the left side of the loader mount to show the existing hole. (same hole is on the right side, which is where I mounted my cup holder)

Attachments

• 508589-LEFTSIDE.jpg
    508589-LEFTSIDE.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 385
   / Another Class II Cup Holder Idea #3  
What happens when you take your loader off? Where do you put it then? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That could be a problem!

I'm kind of particular when it come to drilling new holes and adding aftermarket stuff; that's why I used the existing hole.

/ Another Class II Cup Holder Idea #5  
Lookin good, but that piece of wood isn't red! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, but the wood matches my tan seat! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Another Class II Cup Holder Idea #7  
I have one of those Bar Bouy's mounted on the right fender of my IH 2444. Works great. Mine will hold a coozie, or a coffee cup. I am in the process of making a cooler holder for my rear weight bracket too. Now if I could just find a place for a microwave....

Ben

/ Another Class II Cup Holder Idea #8  
I mount almost everything on my TN to the rops bolts. I removed the bolt fit the item in question then re-install the bolt. Same bolt and no new holes in the tractor. If I can't use an existing bolt hole I build a bracket to work off of what is there. My moisture sensor is mounted to a bracket that hooks to the hand grab bar on the right fender, the thrower control for the baler as well as the cup/ thermos holder are mounted to the rops bolts. I don't mount anything to the loader as it isn't hooked to the tractor all the time. I also have a canopy that I can attach things to if I find a need. My rear work lights mount to the canopy mounts so no drilling new holes there either. Switch for the lights mounts in an blank dash slot. This way when I get a new tractor for running the baler there are no holes left in the TN from when I remove the moisture sensor and thrower control.