Tilt meter location?

/ Tilt meter location? #1  

MrJoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Case IH DX24E
Hi Folks:
Just got one of those Tilt Meters, havn't decided on the best place to put it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thinking about the top of the hood on the DX24E, just below the top of the instrament cluster. Any other ideas?
Joe

/ Tilt meter location? #2  
Do you have a grill guard on your tractor? I have a TC33 and mounted the tiltmeter on top of the grill guard. I simply used black electrical tape wrapped around the mounting bracket and the top tube of the guard. With everything being black, it all blends together nicely. You could also use zip ties. I went this route because I didn't want to drill holes or stick tape to the finish on my new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

/ Tilt meter location? #3  
Great Idea, I have been trying to figure out where to place mine. I don't want to drill hole either.

I'll give the grill guard a tryout tonight.

/ Tilt meter location? #4  
MR Joe. Nice to see a fellow Case owner from CT. Congrats on your new machine. I saw it when it arrived at Woodbury Tractor.

/ Tilt meter location?
I will give the grill guard a try though I suspect it's too far away for me to see clearly. Half the time I put my glasses on to check the guages /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'm going to the auction in Middlebury this Sat., any other Ct. TBN folks going?
Joe

/ Tilt meter location? #6  
Hey Joe,

How do you like the grille guard? I've been thinking about it, but not sure how much difference it'll make. There are times that I think it would be nice to have when I'm mowing with the loader off, but that's about it. The loader only comes off occasionally for mowing.

I can't see how it would make any difference while doing FEL work. Now a nice hood guard, that's something I'd get a lot more use out of when using the loader.

/ Tilt meter location?
I like the grill guard on the Case better than the one on the BX series. Pull two pins and it folds down out of the way of the hood. It will not prevent anything small from going thru, but would serve if you got yourself in a jamb and nose to nose with a tree. I figgured I could modify it later to do sometning extra. Havn't figgured out what yet but I'll think of something. Going to an auction this weekend to see if I can pick up a used landscape rake and a weight box. Sunday I 'll put up the instant garage to store the Case in for the winter.
Joe