Is my Cruise Control ever going to work?

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work? #1  

dxJim

I have had my DX29 in for warranty work three times for the cruise control. The last time it worked once after I backed it off the trailer, the other times it didn't work when I tried it after unloading. It always works when I pull it out of the dealers shop. Is there some secret to making this thing work, or has anyone else had this problem?

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work? #2  
Jim
I am not a <font color="blue"> NH </font> or <font color="red"> IH </font> person. But I visited a fellow TBNer last weekend. One of the items he mentioned was problems with his Cruise Control. He was helped by other TBNers in this thread. Click Here
Hope it is the answer to your problems. You can printout the thread and give it to your dealer to use in repairing your tractor.
Contact jinman or johnday for further info.

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work? #3  
There is some incorrect info there. It is not possible to test the CC with the park brake set. Applying the brakes opens the CC circuit and depowers the magnet. Won't apply with the brake set. A maladjusted brake switch could render the CC inoperative. CC magnets have known to fail as well.

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work? #4  
I have the sister tractor, the TC29D and I never have had any problems with my cruise control.

murph

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work?
The dealer looked at it and discovered the adjustable bracket that adjusts the magnet was bent and they replaced it. They stated it was also bent the first time I took it in. I haven't run over anything. I don't have trees where I have used it, no branches, no nothing. It looks like the brake pedals may have come down far enough to bend the bracket. The dealer could not find any other explanation. It has been working great all week.

/ Is my Cruise Control ever going to work? #6  
Glad to hear it's been fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif