JX 55 Input

/ JX 55 Input #1  

VTPlumber

Tractor
N/A
I have been looking to buy a new/used tractor for the last couple of months, with most of my time being spent looking at Kubotas.
This tractor will be used for building some large stone retaining walls, snow removal, light logging and a small amount of brush hogging with some possible side work to help justify it's purchase.
On a recent trip to one of the dealerships in the area, who sells Kubota and also CIH the salesman was steering me towards a CIH JX55
Does anyone have any input on this model or the JX series in general
I am planning on keeping this tractor for the next twenty years or so and am concerned with what to expect as far as longevity and parts availability.
I was quoted a price of $26,900 for the JX55 with a LX132 FEL and 4 WD.
He also quoted me a price of $22,500 for a Kubota M4800
4WD and FEL
Do these prices sound reasonable for the New England area?
Thank you

/ JX 55 Input #2  
VT, please fill out your profile so we have additional info to help us help you. Also, I'm guessing this is a ROPS (non cab) model.

The list price for a JX55 without the loader is around $23K. The loader with QA and HD bucket is around $6K. The price you're getting seems a bit high to me unless there are other items/options.

/ JX 55 Input
You are correct, It is a rops.
I didn't price any extras at this point to keep the base bids the same. I called another dealer on the other side of the state and he gave me a "rock bottom" price that was $3,000 more than the first dealer
Thanks
BT

/ JX 55 Input #4  
Well, in relation to that offer, $27k seems cheap /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You can check out the DX55 too which is a Case version of New Hollands TC55. The JX series is kind of an "economy" model that doesn't have an equal in the NH line. It's missing some of the high end features like electronic shuttle, 16x16, etc. It's a good, solid tractor though, and I'm real happy with my JX85.

There is also the "JXC" series that has models in the 60-75 HP range that map directly to the NH TN series. Have the dealer give you quotes on the DX55, JX55-65, and the JXC60

/ JX 55 Input #5  
I'd go with the Case IH. It fits the bill as the 20-year tractor.

Park the two tractors side-by-side and see if you can see why there is a price difference. That Kubota is much lighter in the rear end & three-point.

/ JX 55 Input
The JX55 seems to be a good rugged tractor, my concern is getting parts twenty years from now.
I understand it is made in Turkey and being a new model it makes me wonder if they will be available years from now.
I won't be using this tractor on a daily basis and I plan on keeping it for years so I won't be pounding on it out in the woods.
55HP is probably more than I need but I would rather be over powered than under.
BT

/ JX 55 Input #7  
CNH is a good company with a lot of history. They have a great parts department and I am sure you will not have much trouble getting parts for the JX series 20 years from now as 20 years is not a long time in tractor years. Also, the JX is selling quite well which bodes well for its lifespan in the CNH lineup and parts department. However, if you are really concerned about parts, just buy a second, identical tractor and run them both till one breaks down (then you have a parts tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

/ JX 55 Input
The wife say's great idea...... His& Hers!!!

/ JX 55 Input #9  
Glad I can help, just hope it isn't yours that becomes the parts tractor down the line /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif