Case DX Website--Not Quite NH Clones

/ Case DX Website--Not Quite NH Clones #11  
their site is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cngco.com/>http://www.cngco.com/</A>

/ Case DX Website--Not Quite NH Clones #12  
Robert,

Yep, that's the one! Thanks for posting it. It does look like Case is a bit more expensive than NH. Add to that the fact that it's a new line for Case, I think the better value right now is NH. Give Case a couple of years of getting whipped by NH, and maybe they'll get their prices in line and be more knowledgeable about them /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ Case DX Website--Not Quite NH Clones #13  
pardon me Golfgar4, but what does "fwa" represent? i was about to purchase a mahindra 4110 -- 41 hp (34 pto), 4wd, 12/12 trans, R4s, & fel for under $17,000 -- when i saw the d40. the d40 is a good looking tractor, but i don't know where it falls in comparison to the mahindra on prices and components. what do you think? do i compare the mahindra 4110 $17,000 price to the case d40 $18,861 price -- d40(fwa) $15,085 & fel $3,776? is the d40 worth the extra $?

thanks!

/ Case DX Website--Not Quite NH Clones #14  
Sorry about that - it was a typo - it's not FWA - it's FWD (Front Wheel Drive) /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif.

I'm no expert when it comes to either the Mahindra or the Case, but in my opinion, if you have the dealer support to go along with the Mahindra, I'd go with that. Reason? The Case equipment is brand new, and I personally think a little over priced. If you read some of the earlier posts, some of the dealers aren't very knowledgeable about them either. The Case tractors will probably have a couple years of "working the bugs out", just like most other new lines do. Also, take a look at the price you're talking about. Under $17,000 for the Mahindra with 4wd, shuttle trans., R4's, and FEL vs. the Case D40 plus FEL for $18,861. How much more will R4's add? And remember, those Case "cash" prices are what the dealer I contacted offers. Who knows if other dealers offer the same thing? You should really compare the list price for the Case ($17,340 + $4,341 = $21,681). Now you're talking a difference of $4,681.

Like I said, if these were the two choices that I had to select from, and I had a good dealer for the Mahindra, there wouldn't be any question. But if you don't have a good dealer available, I think you could shop around a find a better price in different color.