DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!!

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #1  

caddison

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r
While mowing at the local fair grounds today my DX33 blew a line on the oil cooler. Needless to say we got a mess under the hood. Just turned 100 hrs. on the unit. I though she was on fire when all the smoke came rolling out from under the hood. Sure did cut the mowing time short. Has anyone else had a problem with their DX or TC 33 doing this?

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #2  
If it was one of the small L shaped short connectors right by the cooler, it is a very common thing to happen. I keep two spares on hand.

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!!
Well this is the first one for me. They returned the tractor this morning and just as I figured the underneath side of the hood, front axle and engine were still coated in HY-Tran. I went back and the mechanic said he has pressure washed it.....no degreaser....isn't it great. The dealer informed that there is a kit for this hose problem and it is back ordered. Supposedly it will remedy this ....we'll see!

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #4  
The reason I keep two on hand is because of what I keep reading on this board, in almost seven years and six hundred hours, have only blown one, hope it stays that way.

All that extra oil on the tractor will keep it from rusting. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #5  
I had one blow on my New Holland TC29D. I replaced both of them at that time. But I inspect them every so often and will more than likely replace before winter sets in to prevent the mess you have that I once had with fluid all over the place.

murph

According to the dealer the new kit will eliminate the elbows and reduce the liklihood of this leak happening again.

I also had some wires come undone while brush hogging a couple of lots. Tractor would not re-start. I found the wire and attempted to put it together but apparently could not get it as it still wouldn't start. Wound up having to have a buddy short the soleniod accross since I had to be in the seat to keep it from dying.....getting a little tired of all of the safety switches but I suppose they are there for a reason!!

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #7  
It's been a while. Any more oil cooler line problems? I wonder if the new tractors have a different cooler line.

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #8  
My DX33 is at the dealer right now getting the "fix" for the cooler lines. I'll try to give more information when I get the tractor back.

/ DX 33 Blew an oil cooler line!! #9  
Is that a dealer fix or a factory retofit for the cooler lines? Have you had the hyd fluid filter blow fluid out of the seal during real cold weather like some other owners?

Ronster,

I have to tyake the DX in to get the parking brake cable replaced so hopefully they will have the kit in as well....blew the gear box on my land pride mower too...been a great week!!!