Need help identifying International tractor

/ Need help identifying International tractor
I was told yesterday it is a 1967 model 2405. The bad news is I discovered the bottom of the fuel tank is rotten. Any idea if I can get a replacement tank for this tractor?

/ Need help identifying International tractor #22  
I suspect you can get a tank from Case/IH. Probably not cheap though. Otherwise check with salvage yards and used parts places on the net.

Ben

/ Need help identifying International tractor #23  
I'd try the routes slowrev mentioned first.

But, if all else fails and only the bottom is rusted out, you can have the bad section cut out and a new sheet brazed in. Not optimal of course, but I have one going on over 15 years [actually that one may have been solder]; these days you might even find someone with a steady enough hand & a MIG instead.

About the same time, I remember reading an article on a compound you can slosh around a [empty] gas tank to fill pin holes and prevent future corrosion, then you dump it and let the rest cure in the tank. Maybe it works, but didn't appeal to me.

Good Luck!

/ Need help identifying International tractor #24  
If holes aren't too big, use Redkote. Worked for me on quite a few tractors. Make sure it cures to "no smell".

Thanks for the advice. I was told of a salvage yard that may have one. If that doesn't work I'll try the Redkote. If that fails I know an expert welder.

I need to get the tractor running and mowing as the pecans will be falling in couple months. The orchard doesn't yet produce enough to justify purchasing another tractor.

/ Need help identifying International tractor #26  
NutraRat,
I hope you find something that works. I've heard of one 2405 in 35 yrs of tractorin'. Could be something worth sinkin money into.

Well I picked up a tank today. Salvage yard in Baton Rouge had a clean solid one in stock. $100 Apparently this model tractor was popular with the police juries, levee boards and highway department in the 60's. This tank was highway department orange.