Need help identifying International tractor

/ Need help identifying International tractor #1  

Bayoucritter

Tractor
International
This is my first post here. I am trying to rejuvenate my wife's family pecan orchard that has been unattended several years. We have an old International tractor for mowing. I am trying to find the model number and HP. I can find no serial numbers. The only marking is "Industrial" on the front grill. I have been told it is an early 60's model. It is yellow and was originally used by the local levee board as a mower. Can anyone tell where the serial number and model number might be located on the tractor.

/ Need help identifying International tractor #2  
Can you post a pix? I could look it up in one of the refrence books and see what is close.

/ Need help identifying International tractor #3  
SN's on some IH tractors of that vintage are on the right side of the clutch housing.
Ben

/ Need help identifying International tractor
Not sure how to post a picture but I will take a picture when I go up there to work this weekend. I will also check that location for the serial number. Thanks for your help.

Here is a picture of the International.

Attachments

• 696740-Tractor 1.jpg
    696740-Tractor 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 741
One more picture. Sorry it took so long, the orchard is 35 miles away and I forgot the camera twice. This time I used my camera phone.

Attachments

• 696741-tractor 2.jpg
    696741-tractor 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 369
   / Need help identifying International tractor #7  
My guess would be a 2404 Industrial, or a 2444 Industrial. Try looking around on the right hand side of the engine block for a serial number or model number. Something that starts with a C-144, C-135, etc.

Thanks when I put it up yesterday it was too dark for me to try to look for numbers. I will check for them next time.

/ Need help identifying International tractor #9  
I have a 2444 industrial and the hood/grill sheetmetal on your is not like mine. I do realize that yours has the cast grill which mine does not, but the angle of the grill is not right. My grill slants back at the top, yours seems to slant forward. The id plate should be on the side of the housing underneath the brake pedals.

Yours appears to be a diesel. maybe a bd154 ?

Ben

/ Need help identifying International tractor #10  
Your tractor definately looks like one of the british designs. ie 204, 304,404,224,334,444,504, etc the 2 in front of the model number just indicates industrial version. If you find the model tag and the first letter is a U then it was us built and will have delco electrical stuff. If the first letter begins with a B it is british built and will have Lucas electrical stuff. The alternator is a good starting place, is is a Delco or Lucas ?

Ben