DX40 reverse?

/ DX40 reverse? #1  

drjchase

Just got my dx40 on monday. I have a question about the reverse speed. Is there a govenor on it. Wow even in 2 and on high it is so slow I want to shoot something. I have been runnig full size backhoes the last 2 weeks so maybe I am just spoiled. Any suggestions or live with it...

John

/ DX40 reverse? #2  
Don't know about the DX40, but that is better than an old Gravely rider I have. It goes at least 2X as fast in reverse, sortof dangerous and clumsy /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Ben

/ DX40 reverse? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a question about the reverse speed. Is there a govenor on it. Wow even in 2 and on high it is so slow I want to shoot something. )</font>

Well, it sounds like you need a pedal adjustment. My New Holland is identical to your DX40 and it moves quickly in both forward and reverse. It's just slightly limited in top speed.

With the tractor off, look up under the platform on the right side while depressing the reverse pedal. You'll see the forward pedal move up and backwards. You should also see a bolt that it hits. NOTE: The amount of reverse pedal movement is controlled by the stop on the forward pedal. If you adjust the stop (which is just a simple bolt) you can increase your reverse speed. Actually, I think the forward and reverse stops should both be adjusted about the same. The specification calls for the forward stop to be adjusted to .9" and the reverse stop to be 1". That means reverse will be slightly slower. If you adjust them both the same, you should be able to have exactly the same speed in forward and reverse.

If you don't feel comfortable making the adjustment, you can talk to your dealer, but I think you can probably figure this out and save yourself a trip to the shop.

/ DX40 reverse?
Thanks that is what I was looking for!!!!