3-Point Hitch 3pt hitch for IH560

/ 3pt hitch for IH560 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have an IH560 and would like to add a 3pt hitch. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

/ 3pt hitch for IH560 #2  
konkedh:
Try www.saginawcountrytractor.com or www.worksaver.com. There are other companies available and I think stores such as Country General or TSC might have something. (Need to look in their catalog) With an IH 560 I also believe you should be able to use the existing lift arms and add a 3pt mounting plate and remove the 2pt and replace with conventional type ball. We did this type of conversion on a IH 706 when I was a kid. You might try asking a Case/IH dealer for help as well.

/ 3pt hitch for IH560
Farmall/International Harvester 2 Point ---> 3 Point Hitch Conversion Kits
hk-126.jpg

Available at most any Quality Farm & Country/Central Tractor/Tractor Supply Outlet…
Avg. Cost $250-300.

We have the largest inventory of replacement tractor parts in the USA! Since 1935 we have supplied farmers with quality replacement parts. To request a specific tractor part, please call our toll free number: 1-888-828-3276 to order new and rebuilt parts.

tractorparts.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ 3pt hitch for IH560
Thanks for the advice. Once important piece I left out is that this tractor now has only the fixed drawbar. Strong hydraulics, so what is the best conversion for this situation?

/ 3pt hitch for IH560
Try this large tractor salvage yard... they will ship...

MacFaddens
PO Box 220
Rte. 20
Sharon Springs, NY
Phone:
(518) 284-2090
Fax:
(518) 284-2871
hdr-parts.gif

Used Parts
We have the Largest Used Parts Inventory in the Northeast! Over 2,000 tractors in our salvage yard including:
Farm Tractors:
· Allis Chalmers, Agri-Power, Avery, Belarus, Case, Cockshutt, Co-op, David Brown Duetz, Field Marshall, Ford, Fiat, International, Farmall, John Deere, Landini, Leyland, Long, McCormick-Deering, Minneapolis-Moline, Nuffield, Oliver, Porsche, Sheppard, White, Zetor
Crawlers & Light Industrial:
· John Deere, Case IH, Bobcat, Caterpillar, Cletrac, Oliver, Terratrac
Farm Equipment:
· JD + IH Combines, JD and IH planters, plows, choppers, etc.
Wheels, tires, engines, transmissions, sheet metal, engine parts, front ends, plus just about anything else! Nationwide parts locating service. If we don't have it, we'll find it, new, old or odd!
*********** Some parts you may end up finding out to be economically unfeasible to purchase... I've seen these 560's recently at some auctions for about $1500-2000 as a "whole", but some of the parts are like Gold...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ 3pt hitch for IH560 #6  
Konkdedh:
Not sure what you mean by fixed drawbar. If I remember correctly some 560's had the drawbar mounted on the 2 pt. Is this what you have? or is the drawbar mounted underneath like conventional tractors?

/ 3pt hitch for IH560
By fixed, I mean it has no lift, 2pt or 3pt. It has a drawbar, Ushaped, attached to the rear axle. Any help?

/ 3pt hitch for IH560 #8  
Your testing my memory. I haven't seen a IH560 for a long time but I think the drawbar you describe has a series of holes so that the pulling implement could be mounted to one side. Is that correct? These seemed to work well. Why do you want to change it? Tractor drawbars are generally fixed or may have some swing ability. If you want to have the drawbar occasionaly higher you could try a drawbar between the lift arms. These are relatively inexpensive and can be bought at TSC, Country General etc. for $25-30.

/ 3pt hitch for IH560
The tractor has no lift on the back right now. And I would like to be able to use implements with 3pt hitch. That's the why. But yes, you are right about the drawbar with holes along it.

/ 3pt hitch for IH560 #10  
There are three point hitch attachments through short liners that sell in the area of 850. to 900. that only need a 3 by 8 cylinder as long as you have an auxillary valve. Otherwise you might need a bone yard. The two point hitch was the most common used on thse tractors and that can be converted to three point but it is not quite as convenient as the three point. The add-on three point looks a little crude but it does work.