Tires "Rim Guard" filled tires

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #1  

antiques

Tractor
Case-IH DX40
\"Rim Guard\" filled tires

Well, I haven't seen a post on this subject for a while: Glen Daly of the Lansing, MI area has developed and patented "Rim Guard", a non-corrosive liquid made from beet pulp with polymer additives. 10 to 11 lbs/gallon or more, non-corrosive and not harmful to the environment. I'm putting some in my new Case-IH DX40 that's being delivered next week... each week more and more dealers are becoming aware and those who used it so far tell me their customers are very happy. Glen is at (517) 351-6470. Farm Bureau Co-op south of Lansing has it, (517) 543-1160. Check out also a blurb on MSU Extension web site. And no, I'm not involved and don't get anything from this... "jes' tryin' to pass the word for anyone who's interested." Also see the MSU Extension article in their "Value Added section: http://www.canr.msu.edu/fldcrp/mark.htm

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #2  
Re: "Rim Guard" filled tires

What is the cost breakdown for Rim Guard?

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #3  
Re: \"Rim Guard\" filled tires

I work as a service tech at Pine Plains Tractor & Equipment in eastern NY (New Holland dealer). We have been selling RimGuard for about 8 months now. I believe our retail price is $1.40/gal or thereabouts. We haven't loaded a single tire with calcium since starting with RimGuard, there is a full pallet of CaCl just sitting in the warehouse.

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #4  

Sounds like a possible choice for me. I had my tires filled with calcium and have really had second thoughts ever since. I guess I keep thinking of how messy it would be, should I get a flat!!!!!!

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires

I've been told from $1.85/gallon at one Co-op near Lansing, MI, to $1.25/gallon plus 1/2 hour labor (about $20) to pump it into the tires, from a Co-op in Berrien County (Michigan) that's running a special...

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #6  

Hey Bill, what co-op in Berrien Co? I'm in St. Joe county Indiana, soon to be Cass Co. Michigan. We must be nearly neighbors /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

It's the Berrien County Co-op in Eau Claire, MI, at the intersection of M140 and M62. I'm in Weesaw Townshipo (near Galien), on Holden Road.

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #8  

Hey, we're practically neighbors /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I was out your way on my bike last night, around Dayton Lake and back through Buchanan. Our property is on the western edge of Edwardsburg, actually a Niles address but Edwardsburg schools. Hope to be living in your state by this time next year. Thanks again for the tip on the rim guard /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ "Rim Guard" filled tires #9  

How do you like your new tractor so far? John Miller posted some pictures a new Case tractor and I really liked the looks of them.

Well, it's excellent... something I haven't done too often for other purchases: just called the dealer Friday and told him I was very pleased, the DX40 exceeded my expectations. No problems, no leaks, no surprises. Worked with the L160 loader with HD bucket, the Woods BB720 "Brush Bull, and just assembled the Woods GHT 72 tiller (made in Italy) yesterday. The Brush Bull is a good piece of equipment so far, the loader with its joy stick (and with turtle/rabbit buttons), is something everyone should have. No learning curve as far as operating the tractor, except being careful (no accidents wanted here). Oh yes, the Curtis snow plow, mounted on the bucket attach points of the loader, has hydraulic angle hoses that connect to the bucket tilt connections, so the joy stick operates it... It's all play now.