Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    New Holland

Default Re: DX18/22/24/25E problems

Okay...since I don't your brand/models I'll stick to my own board.....just trying to help.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    CaseIH DX26

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually , looked at pictures in link , and problem and dealer repair look like my dealer was talking about. I agree New Holland TZ and CaseIH DXE are different than their bigger counter parts but not that much . I was mainly wondering about this seat mount cracking but seeing as bigger models do it as well seems to be a common design weakness. Thanks for your input! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    NH 1530 and TC23DA

I just traded in my TZ-24. I had it about 1 1/2 years and used it mainly for mowing. It had about 80 hours on it when the body panal below the seat mount fatigued. I will write a review on the tractor soon. We ended up trading for a TC-23 which should have most of the bugs worked out. The reason we stayed with NH was a very good dealer and actually NH worked with me to get a very good deal, better than advertised, on financing. The TC-23 is our 5th NH tractor. My experiance with NH is that the company has been responsive and works to make things right, as does our dealer, Brim Tractor. I also own a 1530.

I think you will see the same problems on the TZ models as the DXE models. I think the tractors aren't bad. They are laid out well. If the seat issues and other small problems are addressed, then they should be pretty good little tractors. I think one problem that is going on is people asking these tractors to do more than they are designed to do. After all, these tractors are basically heavy duty garden tractors, not compact tractors. Some of the problems may be with the manfacturer in equipping these tractors with backhoes, loaders, and other PTO implements which are better suited on a compact tractor.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    CaseIH DX26

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Probably work my 24DXE harder than even a compact tractor should be . I am very pleased with its performance. I joke with service manager - he bought a 22DXE this summer that he must be hired as test dept. for CaseIH . He says he`s had it on steep enough side hill for front & rear tires to spin on uphill side of tractor enough that tractor stops moviing forward as neither tire has enough traction to move tractor. Just about steep enough I`d say ! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland

newred,

First of all you are welcome...I've learned so much from this forum and hopefully this give you some ideas.

As far as the hills and use, I probably should have bought a TC33DA, but we bought the BH and put it on the 0%/60mo. hard to say no when the wife was for it! I traded a 17hp. kubota for it. I am very happy with the TC24 though, does everything I want to do. Wife is pretty good with me buying implements, so I've been able to get quite a collection. I joke with the guys at work that it's my "diesel powered swiss army knife."

Good luck with the seat issue!

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

I was just trying to point out the fact that the subcompacts and compact you own are different - I've seen a lot of confusion between TC and TZ and DX and DXE, both on these forums and at dealer service depts. Didn't know if you realized that the DXE's were the sub size - didn't mean to offend you. CNH should differentiate their model numbers a bit more.

There are a lot of differences between the CNH subcompacts and compact machines. From what I've seen, the compacts are built a lot sturdier, but as far as I'm concerned, the constant little issues are annoying. I certainly wouldn't trade my Case sub for another brand's exact same sub, but since I ultimately want to up-size, I'm going for another color this time around. Kind of annoyed that an email of mine to CNH went completely unanswered.

I honestly haven't heard a lot of gripes about CNH products, but when 2 dealers tell me that they have a brand that outsells CNH compact products, and still see a higher volume of CNH products in the service dept, then that's good enough for me to try another brand next go around.

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

By the way, I recently checked the seat mount, and noticed I too have the cracked sheet metal. Trying to decide if I should just leave it, or get the machine in to the shop for a few weeks to get it fixed. I have till the 3rd week of June to make up my mind. This sucks - my new lawn has been needing mowing every 5-6 days, and I don't want to do the whole lawn with my little 20" push mower for a few weeks.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    CaseIH DX26

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] A few weeks in shop to fix sheetmetal under seat c? My dealer had new fenders ordered in ahead of time, and new updated bracket for fenders/seat from CNH but they don`t believe this new updated brackets are stiff enough so they have a local welding shop fab up a few larger/heavier ones up as I believe they have done 6 or so so far.Must have a problem with your dealer , I dropped mine off at 7 am & picked it up at 1 pm with full annual service done as well .As I was talking to service manager, salesman washed it and as I hooked on my trailer which I had left in their yard, sevice manager washed it for me. I`m thinking if you had dealer like this you`d see nothing but red as you thought of trading up! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Newred,

My dealer has not had any other customers call in with this problem yet. The service manager was looking up in a couple of different Case computer service links, and found nothing about it. He'd be willing to order all the parts in before I take it up there (they're an hour away), but wants to be sure he gets all of the parts in at the same time, so that I don't have to get it in twice if it turns out they find something else that needs to be fixed once they get ahold of my machine. There's really no way to know what is on my machine without looking at it vs. what is on a brand new one, as manufacturing is constantly making changes and updates.

He's going to try to find out more about it, but asked me to also see if I can get any more specifics on what parts your dealer needed to order and change out on your machine. Are there new/additional reinforcing pieces that fit under the sheet metal?

They don't sell a lot of the little red machines, just a ton of huge red tractors and lots of orange in the smaller models.

Any more info you could provide would be a big help.

Thanks.

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Never mind, one of the mechanics stopped by yesterday when they were in town and looked at my tractor to see what they needed to order. They haven't had one other DXE or TZ with this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12