replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines #1  

manza

Can I buy tools to make lines? If so, where? If not, where should I buy new lines? Thanks.

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines #2  
I can't help you with the lines, but if you'll post in the "parts/repairs" section I'm sure someone can help you.

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines #3  
You can buy the toold to make the lines, but for the money and safety aspect I would recommend finding a decent hydraulic shop and taking the old hoses to them and get new ones made up.
You will either have to do that or go to a dealer and buy their hoses for a premuim price.
Is it a 2050 loader ?
I have a 2444/444 with a 2050 loader. One size down from your machine.

Ben

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines #4  
Buying the equipment to make hose is not worth the heartache or hurt to your pocketbook. If it were me, I'd just have my trusty hydraulic shop whip up the hoses for me while I wait..that way, you could browse and potentially buy other stuff that you don't need /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My two cents.

BC

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines
Will do. Thanks.

I'll take your advice and that of Big Cajun to skip the homemades.
The local Case-IH dealer in Frederick, MD, makes hoses and geneP recommends posting a request for hoses to "parts/repair." Is another option 3/4" stock automotive hydraulic hoses like I saw in Northern Tools? Those hoses meet the 2500 PSI system capacity in my loader operator's manual. The hose needing early attention runs, I suspect, to my power steering and is a few inches less than 4'. I'll solve that problem and then decide about the hoses between the valves and the boom and bucket. I have an 1850 loader. Thanks for your help.

I will take your advice and that of slowrev to skip the homemades. The Case-IH dealer in Frederick, MD, makes hoses and I will post a request for hoses to "parts/repair" as geneP recommends. Are automotive hoses another option? The ones I saw in Northern Tool meet the 2500 PSI system capacity in my loader operator's manual. What I think is a hose to my power steering really needs replacement and is not a stock size. Once I decide where to get that one, I'll see how it works out and order the others accordingly. By the way, my son went to school in New Orleans and my wife and I can't wait to get back to southern Louisiana this spring. Thanks for your help.

/ replacing IH 454w/frt.ldr flex. hyd. lines #8  
Great to hear Manza...I hope he was finished getting his education prior to the hurricanes...which college?

Any hoot, let me know when you and the wife plan on coming down and I'll let you know if there is anything you should be especially aware of (I work in state government).

On the automotive hoses: I guess they would be fine as long as they are rated to handle the load of the hydraulic system...I'm funny about things, so I'd just have them made, but it sounds like you have a good idea.

Good luck with your repairs!

BC

I found an old Quality Farm & Country catalogue which lists 3/4", 2500 working PSI, hydraulic hose in stock sizes for tractors which looks like the hose in Northern Tool. So I'll skip posting to "parts/repairs" and give a 4' piece of the automotive hose a try on my 454's P/S supply. Thanks again for your response.

Thanks for the offer to let my wife and me know of any things to watch for when we head for Louisianna. Our son graduated from Tulane and has already returned with his college friends for a post-Katrina re-union in New Orleans.