Case IH 685 - Lift won't lower

/ Case IH 685 - Lift won't lower #1  

txhayman

Case IH 685 - Lift won\'t lower

Need some good advice. The 3 pt lift on my 685 will not lower if there is even the slightest load (the weigh of my foot) on the lift arms. As soon as you take the weight off, it lowers as normal. It doesn't matter which position the position control lever, draft control lever, or lift arms are in, it does it every time. Lift arms can be on their way down and as soon as you step (load) onto them, they stop. The lift operates fine otherwise. It lifts fast and strong under heavy load and lowers at the normal speed IF there's no load. All other hydraulics work fine so that rules out pump/filter problems. I'm a experienced amatuer International 74, 84, 85, & 95 series mechanic and I have read my shop manual and have a slight idea of what the problem is, but that repair will involve some major tear down and I don't want to go to that trouble w/o having a better educated guess as to the cause of the problem. So, I'm looking for a second opinion from someone else who is familiar with the lift system. Thanks in advance.

/ Case IH 685 - Lift won't lower #2  
Re: Case IH 685 - Lift won\'t lower

I'm not a mechanic but it sounds like something to do with the draft sensing feedback. But you say adjusting the draft has not effect. Hmm, I'll see if I can take a peek at my repair manual.