D40 PTO Problem

/ D40 PTO Problem #1  

RMD40

Hello
I need some help on Relocating the Pto Lever to the Right side of Operator, are there any kits out there, I could Purchase to do this?

Or Can I put "hydraulic Electric Valve with a switch" between the Hydraulic Manifold Block Valve & the Modulation Valve?

The problem is the PTO doesn't stop with the Clutch Pedal, the PTO is completely independent of the transmission!

I would like to install a lever or a switch, on the right side of the seat. To stop the PTO in a split second, while looking back from the right side! The reason for this is for the post Hole Digger!

I don't like this at All, I wish the PTO was disengaged by pressing the Clutch pedal, Like the rest of the Tractors.
This new Design is dangerous, when running a post hole digger.

Any Suggestions?

Thank You /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ D40 PTO Problem #2  
I may be wrong, but doesn’t your PTO disengage when the switch is flipped? If it does, then it will stop if there is any resistance really quick.

/ D40 PTO Problem
well, there is a lever to engage it on the left side, its not a switch and its pretty low. Its kind of hard to be looking back on the right side (the reason for lookin back from the right side is the LIFT lever is on the right!) and the PTO lever is on left SIDE darn pretty low.
If something goes wrong with the post hole digger or someone gets caught back there! By the time, I turn around to reach the PTO lever, it would be all over. It takes to long to reach the lever on time!

Thats why I need to Relocate the PTO lever to right side or install a Secondary Valve with a switch or lever!

Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ D40 PTO Problem #4  
Something doesn't sound right here. There should be a different way to turn it off. If no one speaks up that own a similar tractor, try posting in the NH section. As strange as it may sound, there are several that don't visit certain forms.

/ D40 PTO Problem
Well the lever on left side of the seat Turns it Off & On. But
I want to move it to the right side, with some kit or Modification.

/ D40 PTO Problem #6  
I understand what you want to do and I don't think you'll find any "kit" to do it. The lever runs a mechanical valve that diverts hydraulic pressure to the PTO clutch/brake assy. There are no electrical valves involved. The valve is directly under the seat on top of the running gear (hard to get at).

I know we learn one way of doing things and other ways are pretty darn hard, but what is the difference using your left hand on the PTO lever ( instead of your left foot on the clutch) and your right hand on the 3PH? Do you think it's all those years of stepping on the clutch that makes it a hard habit to break? I can understand and sympathize with that... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ D40 PTO Problem
Well YES, its the old habit of all those year, lol..
see on the D40 the lever for the PTO is pretty low on the left hand side. On the right hand side the 3Pt lever is locate, well when Im digging with the post hole digger, Im looking over to my right side, so im turned to the right.

Well from that point, I can't reach the PTO lever! In case I need to stop the PTO in a split second, I can't!

Its take about two seconds by the time I turn around to disengage it, By then it would be to late. whatever the situation maybe!

Thanks

/ D40 PTO Problem #8  
My NH TC45 is layed out exactly the same as your D40. Maybe what you need is a little extension of some sort so you can still turn around in the seat and watch the PHD at the same time. A handle you could clip onto the lever might be a lot easier than trying to build the mechanical nightmare it will require to get the handle on the right side. Have you ever tried turning around and putting your right hand on the PTO and your left on the 3PH? I haven't tried this, so it might prove to be an impossible contortion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif