DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #21  
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of foot pedal(s) control the DX40 hydrostatic transmission? I sat on a new DX35 today and was VERY impressed with it except for the "treddle" pedal like Kubota has. I know the NH TC40DA has the "twin touch" style double pedals. I am assuming the DX40 is the same, but would like to know for sure. Thanks.

Matthew

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #22  
I'd like to correct my last post. I sat on a 2008 CaseIH Farmall 35. I did a little research today and found that Case has dropped the "DX" from the model name and made the 35hp version a class 2 instead of a class 3 like the former DX35 had been.

Matthew

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #23  
MaximizerMatt said:
I'd like to correct my last post. I sat on a 2008 CaseIH Farmall 35. I did a little research today and found that Case has dropped the "DX" from the model name and made the 35hp version a class 2 instead of a class 3 like the former DX35 had been.

Matthew

I didn't realize that Case/Farmall had dropped the DX35. I guess their "new" model must be very similar to the New Holland TC34DA. That tractor is a Class II with a treadle instead of separate pedals like the Class IIIs.

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #24  
CNH has dropped the DX35 and the TC35 from the bottom of their class 3 line. The 35 hp is now part of class 2. The talk is that they are planning a 50 hp for class 3.

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #25  
The hydro tansmission is the way to go. The shifting pattern is a manuel high low gearbox along with another high low splitter on the joy stick. total of 4 forward ranges plus the hydro.
I just traded my 2001 dx40 for a 2008 farmall 45 with a cad, which is the same basic tractor with new name on it. the cab is great. My only concern is the much slower reverse backup speed compared to my older unit. Anyway to reset the backup speed limiter?

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #26  
I have a DX 40 2008 model I purchased last fall. I come from using gear shift tractors all my life. I really wanted a gear shift with power shuttle but Case didn't have it in the 40 hp tractor so I considered the shuttle shift. The thing I didn't like was all the options you lost going from the hydro to the shuttle. Like the seat is cheaper on the shuttle, no floor mat, poor headlights, no tool box. shorter levers for pto and hydraulic control. It got so the price between gear shift and hydro the hydro became a real value.
I have only used the tractor for snow removal and a small amount of rear blade work last fall. I didn't like it at first but the more I use it I like it more and more. The ergonomics are very good and the loader is very nice, visibility I think, is superior to anything I have seen. The hi lo on the joystick is my favorite feature on the tractor. I can see where tilling or bush hogging a hydro would be the way to go. Another plus is you hardly ever use the brakes with a hydro.
Some of my dislikes are the road speed seems slow, and even though clutching can be tiresome sometimes I kind of miss it. The hydro does have a whine to it, to me when it is quiet out it sounds like there is a lot bigger machine operating out there than just a 40 hp compact. Also after the winter we had so far in Wisconsin I should have gotten a cab model.
JJ

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #27  
I have a DX 40 2008 model I purchased last fall. I come from using gear shift tractors all my life. I really wanted a gear shift with power shuttle but Case didn't have it in the 40 hp tractor so I considered the shuttle shift. The thing I didn't like was all the options you lost going from the hydro to the shuttle. Like the seat is cheaper on the shuttle, no floor mat, poor headlights, no tool box. shorter levers for pto and hydraulic control. It got so the price between gear shift and hydro the hydro became a real value.
I have only used the tractor for snow removal and a small amount of rear blade work last fall. I didn't like it at first but the more I use it I like it more and more. The ergonomics are very good and the loader is very nice, visibility I think, is superior to anything I have seen. The hi lo on the joystick is my favorite feature on the tractor. I can see where tilling or bush hogging a hydro would be the way to go. Another plus is you hardly ever use the brakes with a hydro.
Some of my dislikes are the road speed seems slow, and even though clutching can be tiresome sometimes I kind of miss it. The hydro does have a whine to it, to me when it is quiet out it sounds like there is a lot bigger machine operating out there than just a 40 hp compact. Also after the winter we had so far in Wisconsin I should have gotten a cab model.
JJ
i have just purchased the 2008 Farmall 45 with a cab which is the same tractor. Great machine. I too had slow forward and reverse speeds from my previouse 2001 DX40 hrdro.
The dealer came out and readjusted the petals travel limiter settings. Now the tractor is actual much quicker than my older unt. So call your dealer and advise him of you issue. And yes the cab is great in Wisconsin, is the only reason i traded.

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #28  
i have just purchased the 2008 Farmall 45 with a cab which is the same tractor. Great machine. I too had slow forward and reverse speeds from my previouse 2001 DX40 hrdro.
The dealer came out and readjusted the petals travel limiter settings. Now the tractor is actual much quicker than my older unt. So call your dealer and advise him of you issue. And yes the cab is great in Wisconsin, is the only reason i traded.

I think my hydro speeds are set correctly, the reverse speeds seem fine. I think top forward speed for my tractor is in the low teens, for road speeds I wish it was closer to twenty. I am jealous that you have a cab, I can see trading for a cab unit some day. Do you have a loader or a snow blower for snow removal? Thanks
JJ

/ DX45 Hydrostatic Transmission #29  
Jimmy Joe
The adjustments are two seperate adjustments. One for forward one for reverse. Just rest the forward one.