Wait is almost over.

/ Wait is almost over. #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
I checked with the dealer yesterday. My new DX29 is all set except for the grapple, which is coming from Missouri. I hope to have it home sometime next week. They've got the Ag tires on, the extra valve in and plumbed to the grapple mounting point, the fuel tank full, and everything set to go.

And yes, they do fuel up tractors they sell, among other nice touches. I wonder if I can get them to throw in a model for my grandson? Probably not, but maybe a hat?

/ Wait is almost over. #2  
Hang in there dateacher, the fun is about to begin...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be sure and post some pics when the new baby..errrr..tractor arrives!

/ Wait is almost over. #3  
Have fun playing err working with your new machine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben

/ Wait is almost over. #4  
I bet you are excited. How long does it take once you sign the paperwork? I am about to take the plunge on a DX40 so I was just wondering how long I will need to wait.

Thanks

/ Wait is almost over.
My tractor is ready. I'm waiting for a grapple to arrive from Missouri.

The actual wait depends a lot on what you bought. My tractor was on the dealer lot, but I had them add the QA adapter and bucket to the loader, the rear hydraulic valve, plumbing from that valve to the loader attach point, plumbing from there forward along the loader arms to where the grapple will attach, and change to Ag tires from the R4s that were on it.

The wheel/tire package and the QA plate and bucket arrived a couple of days, the rear valve was something they had in stock, the rest of the hydraulic lines and fittings were normal stock items. I was considering ordering a gear tractor instead of the hydro for a while and they estimated 2 to 3 weeks.

The 29/33 is being revised to a 31/34 with a slightly larger engine, so the availability of a gear tractor might have meant a dealer trade, too.

I'm sure you'll like the 40. Get the manual from the dealer to read while you're waiting. There is a lot of useful stuff in there, and some questions might arise. For example, the telescoping feature of the steering wheel is activated by turning the hub, not pulling a lever. On mine, there is a 12v power outlet near the base of the ROPS on the right side which I intend to use for rear lighting if needed -- the dealer didn't point that out to me.

As I'm sure you know, the New Holland machines are the same as the Case. The New Holland board is a lot more active than this one. I read it regularly. There have been some posts about batteries over there. You might want to read those and look at how yours is set up. I intend to. Also, some tractors have issues with a rubber elbow in the oil or hydraulic lines. There is a replacement part set available. Again, you might want to read those posts and see if they apply.

Nothing personal, but I hope I can get a picture of my new toy up before you do. I wish those guys in Missouri would get that thing here! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Wait is almost over. #6  
Rich,
Thanks for the pointers thats a big help. This site is really cool. I am sure you will get yours well before I do so I have not doubt that your pic will be up before mine. I have not even placed the order yet.

I hope I have enough time to do all the work I have planned for this new tractor. I was sitting out on my deck last night thinking about all the things I can do with this new tractor.
Doug

/ Wait is almost over.
I talked with the dealer yesterday. He had called Missouri about the grapple. They said it shipped that day via Fed Ex in two packages. It should arrive today (Thursday) so the tractor could arrive at my place Friday PM or Saturday. With Good Friday, the dealer allows guys who want the afternoon off to take it, so they run a little slower. I just hope it gets here for the grandson to see it when they come down. He's 3, and thinks tractors are about the neatest thing there is. Of course, that doesn't necessarily change with age. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Wait is almost over. #8  
Rich, I hope your tractor has arrived and you don't read this until Monday. I'm sure many of us are anxiously awaiting pictures of your grapple and info on how well it works. I hope it's nothin' but smiles all weekend long. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Wait is almost over.
Fruday night, no tractor yet. The day has been crazy, but it would have been nice to see it come up the drive. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Wait is almost over. #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Fruday night, no tractor yet. The day has been crazy, but it would have been nice to see it come up the drive. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Rats! Bummer... I was sure hoping you'd have it for the weekend too.