Removing oil pan on Farmall Super A

/ Removing oil pan on Farmall Super A #1  

SundaySailor

I've been unlucky enough to bend the oil pan on my Farmall Super A tractor with the "bedding feet" from the front lift attachments. Not only that, but I punched a hole in the oil pan. I was lucky enough to park the tractor before any knocking noises or seizing of the engine started. Does anyone know how much disassembly I should do to remove and replace the oil pan? I'm thinking I really need to drop the front lift unit for replacement as the front bolts for the oil pan are very obstructed by the pivot mechanism for the front lift. Am I correct? Thanks in advance for the help.

Rick

/ Removing oil pan on Farmall Super A #3  
I have a Farmall A that has been sitting for many years and now has water in the oil pan and the engine is siezed up. I assume that the block froze and has now cracked. I tried to remove the oil pan but it appears that the back of the pan is up inside the housing where the tractor is joined together. Does the tractor have to be pulled apart to remove the pan?

Tim

/ Removing oil pan on Farmall Super A #4  
The tractor does not have to be split to remove the oil pan. If I read your last post correctly, you probably need to take off the clutch inspection plate, which is a "semi-circle" piece of sheetmetal at the forward end of the torque tube (sitting under the tractor and facing to the rear you will see this at the very back end of the engine (oil pan). Take that off ( I think it is only 2 bolts) and you should be able to get to the back oil pan bolts. BobG in VA