My new DX40 is home.

/ My new DX40 is home. #11  
IndianaDC,

Nice looking rig. Actually......it's beautiful !! I was looking at getting a Case Machine before a NH came in the picture. Isn't it incredible.... the RAW POWER !!

Cheers & Many BEERS, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Vic

/ My new DX40 is home. #12  
Good Luck with the machine. I just made payment # 20 on myDX45. They and their sister NH's are the nicest machines to opperate. 630+ hour on mine now and still going strong.

/ My new DX40 is home. #13  
I drive by a lot full of them everyday on my way to work, real nice looking tractors!!

/ My new DX40 is home. #14  
I'm thinking about a grill guard for my D40, what did it cost you?

/ My new DX40 is home.
Sorry for the late reply, the grill guard was $153.00.

/ My new DX40 is home. #16  
My son will be 12 this Saturday 6/10. He drives our Kubota(a little smaller than your machine; older B8200). He helps do stuff with the loader. He's done a little scraping. He only uses the tractor when my wife or myself are present and watching.

I have not let him use the rotary mower though. Nor have I let him drive the old '41 Farmall-A.

/ My new DX40 is home. #17  
My son will be 12 this Saturday 6/10. He drives our Kubota(a little smaller than your machine; older B8200). He helps do stuff with the loader. He's done a little scraping. He only uses the tractor when my wife or myself are present and watching.

I have not let him use the rotary mower though. Nor have I let him drive the old '41 Farmall-A.

/ My new DX40 is home. #18  
Indiana, u did open a can of worms!!! I recently married a women with 2 kids(12yr boy , 9 yr girl) the boy has never been exposed to a **** thing, whereas I grew up in my family plumbing shop and grew up on a 580c case(still operating it today)and many other things in a rural setting. My stepson is finally getting the bug of playing with the big boys and their toys, but the durn girl is on my *** bigtime to take her to work and play with our new 42hp kubota trac hoe. would u rather them be in the house playing playstaition or outside with you learning how to do something and being with you???? Its a wonderful thing to watch them grow and learn.:D :D :D

/ My new DX40 is home. #19  
Nice! Looks just like mine. I went with the Case over the New Holland as
our local Case/Kubota dealer has much better service and gave me a
much better price than the TC40DA guy.

Here a few thoughts that come to mind:

1. If you find that the reverse is very slow, there is a stopper bolt behind
the reverser pedal. You can adjust this as needed.

2. Take the lights off the ROPS and put them in a well marked box in the
garage. Put them back on if you ever sell the machine. They will
likely eventually be broken off by branches if you don't do this.

3. Get a set of QA pallet forks. This will greatly expand what you
can do with the loader.

4. Make sure you have ballast on the rear end when using the loader. My rear tires were water filled by the dealer. I also have an implement mounted
on the 3pt when using the loader.

5. This heavy machine will do a wonderful job finish mowing if you have a
high quality mower. (The DX40 It is not too heavy) Just make sure the ground isn't soggy, and you have the right tires (R4s)

6. The delux 3pt hitch is awesome. The side links will move in three dimensions. I wasted money on one of those inverted "U" shaped 3pt QA
devices. I wouldn't recommend you do the same.

7. Do you have any rear remotes installed?

8. If you find it difficult to move the 4wd-2wd lever out of 4wd, all
you have to do is lower the front bucket to lift the front wheels, then
the lever will move easily.

9. The hydro pedal is not a gas pedal. e.g. if you are driving up a steep
hill and the engine starts to slow down, take some pressure off the pedal,
the wheels will turn slower, but more torque will be applied and you will
keep going. If you press harder on the pedal in this situation like you
would in a car, the machine would possibly bog down or stall.

Enjoy your new DX40! It is a fine machine

/ My new DX40 is home. #20  
I put some quick connects on my light wires to make it easy to take them off and on. Just be sure to tie the wire from inside the ROPS to something outside so you don't need to fish for it.