Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40DA

Default Re: My new DX40 is home.

Sharp looking rig,congrats and the best of luck with it.
    If you can't find something you didn't "loose" it,the word is lose.....stop wasting so many O's

Elite Member
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

Quote Originally Posted by JHTFarmer
    3. Get a set of QA pallet forks. This will greatly expand what you
    can do with the loader.
    I will agree. Until I used a set of pallet forks, I had no idea how useful they are.
    Bob

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

JHT,

I couldn't agree more with the pallet forks. I've got a set with a quick attach loader on my dx33.

As for your 2nd suggestion: "take the lights of the rops". I've already got a cracked lens on mine from a tree limb.

One question for you on your dx40. Does filling the rear tires effect the performance of the tractor any? Just wondering if this causes any noticable loss of horsepower, especially on grades. I always attach my rear blade, (an older blade built much heavier and in my opinion better than any today) but still run into stability issues using the pallet forks at full load if not on very level ground.

JK - New to the forum
    DX33, 72" mmm, lx114 loader, post hole auger

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Long 2310

Why doesn't New Holland change thier name to Blue Holland and Case IH change thier name to Red Holland

I know I know get a life!

Pretty tractor Indiana and nice looking spread to boot.
    Last edited by TomKioti; 11-26-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Tractor
    Farmall D-35 with LX 116 FEL

After braking one of my lites ,I got smart and took off the lens ,removed the bolts ..Then turned the lites to the inside ....Everthing still works and the attack branches can't get to them ..Also looks better...I'f you pull the nut fromthe lite assy ,drill hole thru and use regular nut may have to use longer bolt ..Sure beats buying a new lite assy..Good luck .
    Only farm with RED

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

Nice ride. I was going to suggest that you check to make sure your doors are tall and wide enough, I've seen several posts where folks have dinged garage doors etc. with rops up. Then I read where you go sit on it in the barn so evidently you got it inside ok. Yes, by all means teach your kids how to operate it. It's better that they know rather than them trying to learn on their own while your not there. What's the car doing on it's side? Sorry dad, didn't know where the brake was My daughter goes to work and shows off bruises she got from shooting 12 guage shotgun, and all the guys think she's cool. Enjoy every moment with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123