Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc.

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc. #11  
Teach, it looks good to me!! I pass these tractors everyday on my way to work, one would look good in my shed. I also pass Kubota and JD, I like the JD's too. It falls into the same catagory as most of my dreams, too much money. It would be nice though.

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc. #12  
Pretty! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You already have 7 hrs on it. Slow down. It needs a rest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Congrats.

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc. #13  
Maybe this can help:

<font color="red"> It is very easy to change the size of the images. Here is what I recommend: Go to this site and download IrfanView. It is a free image editing program. One you have it installed, you can use it to change your JPGs around. When you have the image you want opened with IrfanView, go to the Image menu and click Resize/Resample. In the Set New Size area type in the new size. Both the width and height will automatically be sized proportionately. I would recommend a size of 640 x 480 (or 800 x 600 if the file is small enough (more on that later)). Click ok. Now you are ready to save the image. I would recommend choosing a different name than the one for the original image. Click File - Save As. In the Save As Type drop down box choose JPG - JPEG Files. Type in your new file name in the File Name area. At the top, choose a location you can remember in the Save In drop down field. In the Save Options box to the right choose a Save Quality of about 50 or so. This is the JPG compression. The higher the number (best), will mean lower compression but bigger file sizes. The lower the number (lowest) will mean smaller file sizes (more compression) but the image won't look as good. I find 50 to be a decent compression setting. Next, you can make sure you are under the 100kb limit on the forums by finding your newly edited photo and right clicking on it. Choose Properties. In the Size field or Size On Disk field, it should have a reading of 100k or less. Also, if you want better image quality or larger photos, you can start a TBN Photo Gallery in the Photos section of the site. You are allowed images up to 500kb with a max alotted space of 5mb. Hope this helps. Now post them photos. </font>

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc. #14  
Rich,

Make sure to save the final photo file in JPG format. I noticed the "postage stamps" came through in BMP which doesn't give you the same compression - resulting in larger file sizes for the same photo.

Nice rig!

Brad

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc. #15  
Rich, I should have been more clear in my description of what you need to do. JayC has given you excellent advice. He hit the nail on the head with his description of how to save the file. You should take the pictures on your camer at high resolution and copy them to your computer. The file size will be way too huge to post here. Then on your computer, you resize the photos down to 640x480 and same them with a jpeg compression quality of 50% or less. At 50%, you won't be able to tell the difference. Most of the time you have to drop down to 25% or less before you can see compression artifacts (smudges) in your photo. IrfanView is fine or you can use the software that came with your camera or even some other photo package to edit and save your photos. Almost all pieces of software can save in jpeg (.jpg) file formats these days.

Anyhow, if you follow JayC's step-by-step advice, you will be posting bigger pictures in no time.

BTW: Even at postage stamp size, your tractor looks great. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Too bad the post office doesn't have stamps with modern tractors on them. I can't remember seeing antique tractors either now that I think about it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Pics of the DX29, grapple, etc.
Well, we'll see how these show up. I took them yesterday at my lowest resolution, smallest size. I then resized them using the Dimage software that came with the Minolta camera and saved them back to the card in Jpeg format. If they look like a jigsaw puzzle with some pieces missing, I'll retry using JayC's method.

I don't understand the relationship between 100kb here and the camera. It seems like a high res picture would use up more space here just like it does on the camera card. What's the difference? How can I take a very high resolution picture that eats up card memory, then resize it to less than 100 kb, and have it show up bigger and free of jaggies? Something is different between the site and the camera, but I don't know what it is. Can someone explain the apparent contradiction?

Anyways, here's the grapple, I think. I didn't write down the contents of each numbered picture.

Attachments

• 875445-Pict1203.jpg
    875445-Pict1203.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 202
They still show up here small. This is a shot of the lines running to the grapple.

My camera has 4 different size settings, ranging from 2560x1920 down to 640x480. It has 4 resolutions from economy to super fine. At the largest image size and highest resolution, I have room for 28 more pictures on my 512 meg card. At the largest size and lowest resolution, I can get 425 more on there. So obviously the higher resolution uses more memory. Isn't there a correlation between memory there and the 100kb limit here?

Attachments

• 875449-Pict1206.jpg
    875449-Pict1206.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 159
There is a pair of quick connects in the middle of the loader cross member. I plan to put in another set at the block on the lower part of the arm. The grapple "fingers' and cylinder can come off without unbolting the grapple frame from the bucket. The frame is shown here.

Attachments

• 875452-Pict1204.jpg
    875452-Pict1204.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 136
This shows how they fitted the lines along the loader arms. I think it looks pretty well protected.

Attachments

• 875454-Pict1214.jpg
    875454-Pict1214.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 136
This is what a DX29 looks like with the larger of the 2 ag tire options. Somehow it doesn't look nearly as big as it did with the R4s mounted when it was sitting on the lot. That counterweight is solid concrete with who knows what embedded in it. It measures about 15 x 24 x 32. It's about 1/4 of a cubic yard by my count. Does anyone know the density of concrete offhand? I'm guessing it's about 400 to 500 lb for that lump.

Attachments

• 875458-Pict1216.jpg
    875458-Pict1216.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 181