IH560 PTO Question

/ IH560 PTO Question #1  

Anonymous Poster

Above the 560's pto there is what looks like an oil fill plug and some other little fixture with a cap on it. I'm fairly new to this 560, and know this sounds dumb, but what is this for? Thanks!

/ IH560 PTO Question #2  
Since I'm really not familiar with the 560 myself, I'm wondering how far above the pto that fill plug is; up on the horizontal surface? I'll just take a wild guess that the fill plug is for the hydraulic oil and the little fixture is the vent./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ IH560 PTO Question #3  
konkedh
I had a Farmal 340. It had a breather and filler on top of the PTO housing. PTO is a separate system from main transmission. I removed it a couple of times trying to correct a problem with not being able to stop PTO from turning. If I stepped on PTO lever PTO would stop. But would not stay stopped unless there was an implement with a load attached to it. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I finally gave up. Made a cap for PTO shaft so nobody would get injured by it turning all the time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I'm don't remember if it used same type of oil as transmission. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ IH560 PTO Question
You are probably right. The plug is on top of the pto housing. Thanks for replying!

/ IH560 PTO Question
My problem is I can't move the lever. So it's similar to your problem. Only thing is, since it's a live pto, I can't put anything on it without shutting off the engine. Not real safe. I really appreciate the input, let me know if you happen to think of anything else.

/ IH560 PTO Question #6  
konkedh

I believe you can remove the complete PTO assembly from tractor after draining oil from PTO housing. I picked up an after market manual for my 340 at TSC. It had a section on PTO repair.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ IH560 PTO Question
I had the same problem with the PTO on my 560, it would shut off occasionally....I ended up pulling the PTO and finding it needed to be repacked and the discs needed to be replaced. Problem solved after a few bucks. The last thing I wanted was the PTO to kick on unexpected.