PTO SMTA 53 removal

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal #1  

mffarmall

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Pro 2425, MF 50, JD B, Farmall Super MTA
I have to take the axles off my SMTA to get at a spit PTO shaft. Any ideas about where to get a parts break down picture of this process.

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal
I have to take the axles off my SMTA to get at a spit PTO shaft. Any ideas about where to get a parts break down picture of this process.

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal #3  
I can't help you with that project, but would suggest posting below under the heading "Vintage Tractors" or above in the "Parts/Repairs" section. There's not much activity here in the Case-IH forum. Maybe there aren't as many problems with these tractors ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I hope you get all your problems worked out. Let us know how you make out with the electrical problems.
Gene

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal #4  
I can't help you with that project, but would suggest posting below under the heading "Vintage Tractors" or above in the "Parts/Repairs" section. There's not much activity here in the Case-IH forum. Maybe there aren't as many problems with these tractors ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I hope you get all your problems worked out. Let us know how you make out with the electrical problems.
Gene

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal #5  
Yesterdaystractors.com has a good forum on old IH and Farmall tractors. Lots of guys over there work on old Farmalls.
Sorry I cannot help.
Ben

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal #6  
Yesterdaystractors.com has a good forum on old IH and Farmall tractors. Lots of guys over there work on old Farmalls.
Sorry I cannot help.
Ben

/ PTO SMTA 53 removal
I was able to get the PTO Planitarium out. There was grease and dirt that was keeping the Planitarium stuck. But with a gental hand and a big crow bar all was undone. Now all I need is a new PTO shaft 12.5" with a three small circle gear circle that fits into the bigger geared circle.