DX24E for DX26

/ DX24E for DX26 #1  

newred

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX26
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif traded my DX24E yesterday for DX26 ! Wanted to add front end loader and not convinced 24E would be heavy enough loader for what I wanted. Like several things better about each tractor better though.

24E - pto enguagement on left
sensitrac ? auto 4wd
seems stronger - maybe side discharge
54 " deck takes alot less hp than new rear discharge 60 " deck
like the 2 pedals betterthe way they are on 24 than 26

26 - starts & sounds better
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif cruise control
60 " rear discharge deck does nicer job and follows ground better
caster wheels on front of deck
clutch seems to allow easier shifting of high / low nuetral ranges rather than just centering hst pedals

Will post picture later - tried out a few hours now dealer picked up to add loader

/ DX24E for DX26
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif traded my DX24E yesterday for DX26 ! Wanted to add front end loader and not convinced 24E would be heavy enough loader for what I wanted. Like several things better about each tractor better though.

24E - pto enguagement on left
sensitrac ? auto 4wd
seems stronger - maybe side discharge
54 " deck takes alot less hp than new rear discharge 60 " deck
like the 2 pedals betterthe way they are on 24 than 26

26 - starts & sounds better
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif cruise control
60 " rear discharge deck does nicer job and follows ground better
caster wheels on front of deck
clutch seems to allow easier shifting of high / low nuetral ranges rather than just centering hst pedals

Will post picture later - tried out a few hours now dealer picked up to add loader

/ DX24E for DX26 #3  
I almost got a DX26, but opted for the extra weight and loader strength of the 29. I'm pretty sure the 26 would have been great, but I was lured into the 29 by the suspension/swivel seat and the 3 point parts, especially the extension link ends and the crank on the tilt adjustment. I find myself wishing I gotten the 33 now and then, but other than that I'm really happy with it as it approaches 50 hours.

I don't mow, but spend a lot of time using the loader. If you use a loader a lot, look into adding a grapple to the bucket. I have found mine to be incredibly useful, so much so that I wonder how I got along without it before. I also got the QA bucket. I haven't had any reason to take it off yet since I have nothing else to put on there, but a lot of guys here who have them swear by them. Think about adding either or both of these things to your loader before it's installed.

/ DX24E for DX26 #4  
I almost got a DX26, but opted for the extra weight and loader strength of the 29. I'm pretty sure the 26 would have been great, but I was lured into the 29 by the suspension/swivel seat and the 3 point parts, especially the extension link ends and the crank on the tilt adjustment. I find myself wishing I gotten the 33 now and then, but other than that I'm really happy with it as it approaches 50 hours.

I don't mow, but spend a lot of time using the loader. If you use a loader a lot, look into adding a grapple to the bucket. I have found mine to be incredibly useful, so much so that I wonder how I got along without it before. I also got the QA bucket. I haven't had any reason to take it off yet since I have nothing else to put on there, but a lot of guys here who have them swear by them. Think about adding either or both of these things to your loader before it's installed.