Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000?????

/ Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000????? #1  

stevenbryant19

I've been trying to figure out what tractor to buy for a couple of months and I cant seem ti make my mind up on which to buy. I have used dads old David Brown 990 for a couple of years and a Case 1190 to do all the work around the farm and it's time to buy a new tractor but what? I like the new Mahindras but owners either love em' or hate em' . . . . I like MF's but my dad for some reason doesnt like them? (reasons for chosing the 471 is because I need more then 45pto the 451 has and the 461 I have priced are higher then the 471) and I have to admit I'm a BIG Case fan but I dunno if they are really worth the money as the Jx65 has been the Higher priced of the 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I cant make my mind up . ..

/ Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000????? #2  
I can't offer a lot but I have had the pleasure of doing some work with a newer jx75 and a older cx100. You might look into the McCormick tractors also. When NH bought out Case the dropped they dropped a bunch of the models and McCormick was reborn. (There is a lot more to the story but...)

Anyway, I put some time in running a Case CX100 and the McCormick CX105 is very close if not identical to it.

/ Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000????? #3  
Look at your dealer that you may buy this from. Are they organized and stock parts and have a serivce department?, OR do they just sell tractors under the awning??? This should be a MAJOR puchasing issue.

If you are just looking at buying based on price only you can some really cheap junk at a consignment sale.......

/ Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000????? #4  
It sounds like you are far from a newcomer to Tractors. The advice about the dealer should be old news to you, and I presume you have some familiarity with your Case dealer, who may be the same guy as the Massey dealer. For me, the Case guy also sells Cub Cadet and Kubota. The Agco (Massey twin) dealer also sells McCormick. The NH dealer also sells Massey and Deutz.

The common advice for CUT buyers is to run 'em all for a while. Sit in the cab, try out the fit of the controls, the comfort of the seat, the workings of the pedals, etc. Run the loader up and down some, check the ease of access for service and maintainance items. See how easy it is to hook up to a big implement, watch the loader, take the loader off, etc. Play with the things a while.

You're planning to spend a lot of money, so the dealer should be willing to spend a lot of time helping you decide. Ask them why one is better than the other, what kind of service history each has, which they like the best and why, and so on. Remember the NH line is essentially a mechanical twin to the Case line, but you might like the looks of blue better than red. Lastly, see who will give you the best bottom line deal, including "free" hats, shirts, 50 hour service, delivery, pick-up, tire loading, or what have you. Take your time before you let them take your money. One of the tractors will eventually kind of work its way into your head, and that's the one you should get. For me it was the Case DX29, despite the fact that I started out looking for a Kubota about 3/4 that size, looked at Deere, Mahindra, Agco, Kioti, TYM, Cadet, Massey, and New Holland. The seat, the telescoping rear links, the lack of lines and filters and such hanging down below the tractor, etc. just made me think that it was a pretty good machine. The Mahindra looked good until I compared the loaders and buckets, where the Case just beat the snot out of the red machines from India.

Good luck with your choice.

/ Case Jx65/MF471/Mahindra 6000????? #5  
Both the CIH and MF are built on older time-proven platforms. The Mahindra is an all new design using some brought in parts,and some made in-house with help of industry leaders. Try them all out for an extended time in the seat.It might take 4 to 6 hours solid behind the wheel for idiosynchrasies to show up. So take your time.