Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Default Older Case 222 engine questions

I have a older case 222 with 12hp Engine Model K301A Ser#4298204 that is useing lots of oil. The cyl appers fine as does the piston.. but lots of oil in the upper piston area..Could I be losing oil through the valve guides? Or is the oil ring most likely the issue?? trying to keep from ripping the upper 1/2 apart. Alos what is the spec to torque the head bolts down to

I am looking for parts, Piston, rings etc. Does anyone know where to get parts and or a maint. book showing engine parts break down, torque values etc...

Thanks for any help... I want the old case to live..

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Default Re: Older Case 222 engine questions

Go to kohlerengines.com and download one fine service manual for free
    I have a K301 in the same condition. It is the rings on mine. Valve guides usually stick or gall up vs letting oil into the cylinder. You will see why when you tear into it.
    I am planning on rebuilding mine this winter, gotta keep on using it till then though. I will get it bored, etc and then get a rebuild kit to match the bore.
    Ben