Default dx23, getting close to a purchase

This is my first post here, but i've been browsing the forums for 'bout a week now. Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that a dx23, 60" mmm rear discharge and FEL, is in my near future.

The dealer that i am going through told me that the dx23 is going to be a discontinued model. Anybody else have any word on this? Is Case going to be keeping the dx26 model? Just a bit of info i thought i'd pass along. I'll have to post again once the purchase goes through, unless i just wait till spring time.

-shiggy

Default Re: dx23, getting close to a purchase

Welcome to the boards! You'll find a bunch of friendly helpful folks here. You will quickly find that the NH board has more visitors and answers for you than this one. Us Case guys just have fewer problems and questions, I guess.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

I think I read that they are discontinuing everything under 30 hp in the Case line, NH will still sell the lower hp machines.

I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a separating of CNH into division by size with NH focusing on the smaller CUT and sub CUT market while Case works the bigger CUT and Ag market? It seems you see a lot more Big Red machines out in the fields than Big Blue ones as it is, but the blue paint is a lot more popular among the smaller tractor set, like on this site.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    2005 New Holland TC35A

Quote Originally Posted by daTeacha
    I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a separating of CNH into division by size with NH focusing on the smaller CUT and sub CUT market while Case works the bigger CUT and Ag market? It seems you see a lot more Big Red machines out in the fields than Big Blue ones as it is, but the blue paint is a lot more popular among the smaller tractor set, like on this site.
    My dealer is going the other direction. He doesn't carry the Class II Boomers at all. He's has nothing smaller then Class III Boomers on the lot. He told me he doesn't stock the Class II's because they just don't sale here in Oklahoma. He will order one for you but that's about it.

well, i went with a dx29, it'll be at my dealer tomorrow, Dec 9. It'll be at my house monday or tuesday. Man it's going to be a long weekend.

-shiggy

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

Shiggy,

Great tractor. I put 260 hours on my DX24 with the same setup before upgrading to the DX33. I had no problems at all, just needed a tractor with more power and lift capacity.

jk

Tractor
    CaseIH DX33

Shiggy,

What'd the 29 run, if you don't mind . . . and, did you keep the same setup as you wanted on the 23? (FEL, MMM)?

I'm contemplating a nicely priced DX35, but I'm beginning to waiver b/c of the gross weight vs. a 29 or 33.

Congratulations!

Chuckatuck

it's kind of a long story 'bout the price, hehe, check your pm Chuckatuck. I didn't get the same setup as i was with the 23. Just getting tractor and FEL right now, waiting for spring to come for the mmm.

-shiggy

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Case-IH DX35

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckatuck
    Shiggy,

What'd the 29 run, if you don't mind . . . and, did you keep the same setup as you wanted on the 23? (FEL, MMM)?

I'm contemplating a nicely priced DX35, but I'm beginning to waiver b/c of the gross weight vs. a 29 or 33.

Congratulations!
    Chuckatuck. Check my response to your thread in buying/pricing re: DX35. I think you should get the DX35 and not worry about the extra weight. All your 5' implements will appreciate the additional horsepower and you can mow faster when the going gets heavy. I have a wet piece of property with fewer acres and never regretted having the DX35.