Is Case up for sale?

/ Is Case up for sale? #1  

Chipperman

Platinum Member
Friends
Recently two separate unrelated people told me that some time next year Fiat plans to spin off Case. A few folks have also told me that some or all of the Case compacts are being discontinued in the foreseeable future. Has any one else heard this or are these just unfounded rumors?

Not trying to stir anything just wondering what is happening.

Happy Tractoring
Chipperman

/ Is Case up for sale? #2  
I read on here not long ago that CNH was planning to discontinue the compact line on the Case DX series because of poor sales on the Case compacts but continue the identical NH compacts that are selling well.

/ Is Case up for sale? #3  
CNH is planning to differentiate the two lines more in the future so that could be why you're hearing of more seperation in the two. The CNH line-up is primarily New Holland on the low-hp end and NH does more business in small tractors than CIH, but, what reason is there to stop offering essentially repainted small tractors at CaseIH dealers? If the only CNH dealer around is a CIH one they need a CUT offering, do they not?

No need to worry. CaseIH dealers will continue to offer "red" versions of the NH line through their dealers because the market is there.

/ Is Case up for sale?
JoeinTX said:
CNH is planning to differentiate the two lines more in the future so that could be why you're hearing of more seperation in the two. The CNH line-up is primarily New Holland on the low-hp end and NH does more business in small tractors than CIH, but, what reason is there to stop offering essentially repainted small tractors at CaseIH dealers? If the only CNH dealer around is a CIH one they need a CUT offering, do they not?

No need to worry. CaseIH dealers will continue to offer "red" versions of the NH line through their dealers because the market is there.

JoeinTX
I am not worried at all. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard similar information. I like others in the tractor industry like to keep up on what is happening and if at all possible separate fact from fiction. Thanks for you thoughts and input.
Happy Holidays and Happy Tractoring
Chipperman

/ Is Case up for sale? #5  
Just a while ago on another forum I was reading rumors that Agco is in the process of buying CNH, who knows about these things? I have heard that other rumors that New Holland may be dropped and Case would continue. I know that New Holland seems to have lost market share over the last few years in my area and their dealer network leaves a lot to be desired in this area too.

/ Is Case up for sale? #6  
CNH only wants to have Big Dealers.
They aren't real fond of Mom & Pop dealerships.
If you don't have proper coverage in areas you won't sell units there,
but not all areas will handle having a Big Dealership.
Ohio has lost more than one NH dealer in the last year.
I hate to see it go this way.

BTI

/ Is Case up for sale? #7  
The New Holland brand does well world wide, and the Case/IH does well in the US. SO, if you were Fiat, and wanted to spin one off, which one do you think it would be?

Chuck

/ Is Case up for sale? #8  
I'd be real tempted to name the whole thing CNH and offer the same machinery in all dealerships in the customer's choice of red or blue. Car manufacturers seem able to sell different colors, why not tractors?

/ Is Case up for sale? #9  
Not as many tractors are sold as cars, that why it does not work. Agco and CNH have been using this theory for the tractor industry, and it has not worked. They are creating competition for themselves, and the dealers cannot compete and make money competing with like products in the same area. There could be 4 to 5 dealers competing in the same area where there should only be 3. The customer would actually still get good pricing, and better service with a more stable dealership.

Chuck

/ Is Case up for sale? #10  
Where I live in SW Virginia, within a 50-60 radius, I have 8 JD, 5 NH, 2 Case, 4 Kubota, 2 Massey Ferguson, 1 Kioti, and 1 Farmtrac, and these are just the dealers I can think of off the top of my head. In the last 5-7 years, 2 Case dealers bit the dust, while all of the rest have remained fairly strong. In the field, JD easily outnumbers the rest combined by 10-1, maybe more.

Last edited: