How Come?

/ How Come? #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
How come most of the time when someone post to the case-IH forum someone is quick to tell him that he really should be in the Ford/NH forum, especially a neewbie, I have a CaseIH not a New Holland, don't care who built it, it's red and says CaseIH on it (D40) If it was blue and said New Holland on it I would go to the New Holland forum. I know there is more information over there but that's partly because they get directed over there. I don't see anybody directing John Deere people to the Yanmar forum. Just my $.02

/ How Come? #2  
KLM,

I think it's mostly because of two things.

1. A DX33 (which I own) and a TC33 are basically identical tractors except for color and possibly supersteer on the TC.

2. There are alot more blue tractors sold than red. So more posts in the blue forum = more information available. Although I personally think the red tractors look alot better than blue :D In my area, MO, there seems to be alot more advertising, promotions, etc for the "boomer" series tractors and not much at all pushing the case compact tractors. This may be one reason for so many more blue tractors around, I'm not sure.

Also, I don't really care what forum I post or read in as long as the information I'm looking for can be found.

jk

/ How Come? #3  
klm said:
I don't see anybody directing John Deere people to the Yanmar forum. Just my $.02

From what I know of Yanmar and John Deere there is not a lot of similarities. Motor/tranny maybe but that is it. Yanmar builds the John Deere for John Deere at John Deere's specs. The Yanmar tractors that I have seen don't even come close to looking like a John Deere.

Case and New Holland come down the same assebly line there is just a different color to them other than super-steer as another poster posted. And there is a lot more blue's out there than there is reds. At one time there was even talk about combining the two forums and I wish they would.

murph

/ How Come? #4  
Ken, I can see your point, but don't have a solution. I think if anyone has a question about one of the Case compact tractors that are the same thing as the New Holland except for color, he/she is more likely to have the question seen by more people and more likely to get more responses if the question is posted in the New Holland forum. However, if the question is about one of the bigger, older Case or International agricultural tractors, I'd expect more responses if it's in the Case IH forum. And that's just my guess.:D

/ How Come? #5  
klm said:
How come most of the time when someone post to the case-IH forum someone is quick to tell him that he really should be in the Ford/NH forum, especially a neewbie, I have a CaseIH not a New Holland, don't care who built it, it's red and says CaseIH on it (D40) If it was blue and said New Holland on it I would go to the New Holland forum. I know there is more information over there but that's partly because they get directed over there. I don't see anybody directing John Deere people to the Yanmar forum. Just my $.02

Hit the newholland or case website and do a competitive comparison for the smaller tractors...they are the same, you own a tractor manufactured by Case/NewHolland just like the boys in blue.

If you feel the need to not post in the NH forum....then don't. Bear in mind however, that most of the people offering the help are NH owners. Hopefully, when you are in need of help, you'll accept it despite them not owning a Case:confused: .

/ How Come? #6  
klm:

I am am blue, but I regularly read the red posts. Useful information is useful information. I even lurk the orange and green sites when I see interesting threads. In reality the only color I can safely distinguish most of the time is blue :p. Jay