Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . .

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #1  

Chuckatuck

Tractor
CaseIH DX33
The "fun" of the looking is over . . . pulled the trigger on a new DX33. DX33 w/ LX114 Loader w/ 68" bucket; Woods RD7200; & Rhino 75BH w/ 16" bucket for 26K (b/f tax). Unfortunately, the tractor has to be shipped in later next week from NC. Even worse, the Rhino 75 may not be available for another three weeks after that! The agony!! Photos in due time . . .

At the end of the day, the DX35 was just too big for squeezing around some spots on the property . . . the TC29DA specs reminded me too much of the old JD850 gear I had used a few years back which was always a few HP short of what was needed. The 33 ended up about $400 more vs. the TC29DA (17K). They are discounting these with unadvertised rebates to clear these out (not to mention the dealer accruing interest charges). A DX34 or TC34 was about $2000 more!!

If you are looking for a DX35 from a dealer who appears motivated to move it out, PM me!!

Happy New Year!!
Chuckatuck

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #2  
My dx29 lx114 was delivered to my place 'bout 3 weeks ago, let me just say you are going to love it. I just can't wait for a good hard freeze or late spring when i can actually drive my tractor around. I've done some driveway maintenance with mine already and that 68" bucket does a great job. This coming week going to be ordering a woods box scraper (haven't decided on which one) and the RD7200. This comin summer is going to be a blast. I've put one set of wheel weights on it (second set has been ordered) and a ballast box on the 3pt weighing in at 523 lbs. Oh yeah, the agony you speak of isn't bad at all yet, just wait till the night before delivery, hehe.

-shiggy

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #3  
Chuck,

Congrats on the new tractor. I love my 33, just keep waiting for it to get cold enough to snow. I'm anxious to find out the difference between it and my dx24 I traded in. My 24 had to run in low gear in heavy snow using my 6' blade. Should be able to handle everything in 2nd with my 33. I've even got a couple of 1 foot extension to make it an 8' blade that I'm ready to try out. Also, a quick attach for the FEL and a good set of forks come in handy wen moving/loading stuff.

photos of loading a shed on trailer using forks
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/b2.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/B3.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/B4.jpg

Have fun.

jk

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #4  
Contratulations Chuck,

You are going to like that rig. I have the New Holland TC29D, very similar to yours and I sure like mine.

Pics when you get it.

murph

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #5  
shiggy said:
My dx29 lx114 was delivered to my place 'bout 3 weeks ago, let me just say you are going to love it. I just can't wait for a good hard freeze or late spring when i can actually drive my tractor around. I've done some driveway maintenance with mine already and that 68" bucket does a great job. This coming week going to be ordering a woods box scraper (haven't decided on which one) and the RD7200. This comin summer is going to be a blast. I've put one set of wheel weights on it (second set has been ordered) and a ballast box on the 3pt weighing in at 523 lbs. Oh yeah, the agony you speak of isn't bad at all yet, just wait till the night before delivery, hehe.

-shiggy

shiggy: Check the weight of your anticipated box scraper. The box scraper may provide you with sufficient rear end weight (especially if you have weighted tires) that the money you save not buying a ballast box you can spend on some other "needed" attachment ;). Jay

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #6  
jbrumberg - i bought the ballast box when i purchased the tractor. i guess i'll end up using the ballast box when i don't want a large equipment on the back end of tractor such as the box scaper. plus dealer gave me a good deal on ballast box.

-shiggy

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . .
Good news . . . bad news today!

Good news is tractor will definitely be here this week!

Bad news is "red" Rhino 75 backhoe won't be built until Feb. 1! However, I could get a black one next week if I really need it! I'll wait!

Now onto the posts for "cheap & easy lean-tos" that are 150 sq. ft. or less (to avoid permitting)!!!

Cheers,
Chuckatuck!

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #8  
Chuckatuck said:
Good news . . . bad news today!

Good news is tractor will definitely be here this week!

Bad news is "red" Rhino 75 backhoe won't be built until Feb. 1! However, I could get a black one next week if I really need it! I'll wait!

I can feel your pain:D! Wish I had a BH!
Bob

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . . #9  
Chuck,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price breakout on the BH. I'd love to get one for my 33. I just haven't been able to justify the fact that I can rent one when needed instead. Still would like to be able to hook that baby up, even if it was to dig a great big hole and then use the FEL to fill it back in. :D

By the way, here's a pic of my 33 lifting the floor for a shed I'm building for a friend. 10'x16' with 3/4" plywood, 2x6 pressure treated joists, and 4x4 runners. This was one heavy chunk of lumber. I used the forks to flip it over, attach the 4x4 runners, and then flip back over to install walls. If I did it again I'd attach the plywood after flipping it. It made flipping it back over a little tricky.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/Shed-Floor1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/Shed-Floor2.jpg

Also used the forks to lift plywood and siding off of the trailer today. 20 sheets total, 10 sheets of 7/16" OSB and 10 sheets of 7/16 siding. Lifted and moved with no problem, although I suspect this was close to the limit as the FEL moved just a little slower than normal. You kinda get a feel when your close to capacity after a while.

Jeremy

/ Anxiously awaiting new DX33 . . .
Jeremy,

BH cost . . . that's a tough question to answer. At the end of the day the entire set-up was bundled together at 26K. I had originally been given a quote of 6400 for the"65A" and 6649 for the "75" w/ 16" bucket.

Other local dealers had the Rhino 75 (or NH 757C) at around $6400. This also matched the 'online' dealers in NC.

Of interest, the Massey dealer had BushHog 4 pt. BH's in the 5K range. Unfortunately, his 1533 price was 20K w/Shuttle trans. and Loader. I didn't ask about matching BushHog BH's for the DX/TC33.

Hope this helps!