Tractor
    IH 574 and IH424,Ih3414 loader

Default Fluids?????

Bought a old tractor. in the process of changing fluilds. Can you use the same fluid in the tranny and fel??

thanks

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

Default Re: Fluids?????

Carl,

I think we could all give you a better idea if you tell us what kind of tractor you have. Most newer ones use the same, in fact they use the same resevoir. But the older ones I can't tell you for sure.

murph
    "This country was founded and built by people with great dreams and the courage to take great risks."

Tractor
    IH 574 and IH424,Ih3414 loader

Sorry,
    IHC 3414 international loader built in the 60's

thanks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Yes the 414 should use Hytran or the equivalent in both the loader and the tranny. I use the Premium UTF from Tractor Supply, as long as it meets the Hytran specs it should be fine.
    I suspect you tractor uses a common sump in the tranny anyway, my 1968 2444 does.
    You will have about 3 drain plugs on the bottom to pull, and possibly one on the rear of the lift box assembly, depending on your configuration.