Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    CaseIH DX33

Default DX33 . . . It's here . . . really!!!

DX33 arrived late yesterday afternoon!! (Sorry about the photos being attached . . .still trying to figure out the links).
    Picture 039 (Custom).jpg Picture 040 (Custom).jpg

Just enough daylight to do some diggin'!! (Note the rear tire cutting into the lawn-Oops)
    Picture 041 (Custom).jpg

and the obligatory tractor rides for the kids!! (Note the smiles!!)
    Picture 049 (Custom).jpg

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

Default Re: DX33 . . . It's here . . . really!!!

Chuck,

Congrats on the tractor. I remember my 33 looked that clean at one time. Let us know how you like it. Have fun.

jk

Tractor
    CASE DX 33 Hydro

I have the exact same set up but with turf tires. Wonderful set up 130 hours so far. Only issue was the bucket leveling indicator bar slightly rubbing on a hydraulic line when the bucket is fully tipped. Is fairly easy to miss during set up and if not caught it can eventually rub through the hydro line and make a real mess. I have seen others post about it so be sure to check it out. I ended up wrapping the hydro line in that area with rubber just to ensure no contact is made when the bucket is fully tipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks a lot like my DX29. Looking at the work you have ahead, I would suggest two things:

1) Either make or buy something like a long toothbar to enable the bucket edge to get under things that are longer than the bucket. I have some teeth made up from channel steel that I bolt to the bucket and which protrude about 6 inches in front of the cutting edge and they are great for picking up logs and such.

2) Seriously consider getting some kind of grapple added to the bucket so you can grab a big hunk of those brush piles when you want to move them. Mine is the Add-a-grapple from precisionmfg.com.

You'll love your machine!
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    CaseIH DX33

Rich,

Thanks for the ideas. That pile has been sitting there for nearly 7 years. When I finally "worked" on it this last weekend, I discovered it has decomposed to the point that it was easier to hand-load the remaining logs buried in the mess as I pushed it around. I know, I should've stayed on the tractor. Better yet, another attachment-- rock bucket!!

Chuck

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford '92 2120

Howdy neighbor, nice tractor. I didn't know there was a Case dealer around here.
    Steve...

"My biggest fear is that when I'm gone my wife will sell all my tractor gear for what I said I paid for it. "

Tractor
    CaseIH DX33

Shaley,

There's one in Wakefield--about 20-25 mins. from Chuckatuck up Route 460. This dealership only had a DX35, 40, 45 and a dx25e on the lot. They also have a dealership in Cheriton on the Eastern Shore. I also believe there is one in Sunbury, NC--about 25 mins. south of Dwtn. Suffolk.

Case IH-Leatherbury Equipment-VA

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

Nice tractor. One question, what is that round ring hanging down from center of tractor in the first pic?
    Praise is not something you do to get closer to God, praise is a response to God being close to you.

That's a tie down ring, I believe. I don't know if they use them for delivery to the dealer or when they're coming from overseas, but my dealer didn't use it when he delivered my tractor. Some dealers leave them on, others take them off. Mine's still there and has been no problem. I wouldn't mind having a couple more to bolt to other things since they're so sturdy.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford '92 2120

Let me know if you need to borrow a box blade or rear blade or landscape rake. So you can try one before you buy one. All my stuff is 5 ft. I'm just over by Nike Park.
    Steve
    Steve...

"My biggest fear is that when I'm gone my wife will sell all my tractor gear for what I said I paid for it. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast