Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default IH 674 gears broken

We took a IH 674 orchard model in trade recently that has some chipped/broken gears, and perhaps a bent shaft, in the transmission. Anybody on the left coast parting one out? The sheetmetal on ours is straight and the diesel engine runs great, so I'd like to fix it if possible. One of the gears is not available new, and the others are very expensive. I'm looking for a parts tractor with a bad engine if possible. Thanks.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: IH 674 gears broken

How things change...I sold the engine out of this tractor and I will be parting out the rest of it.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Glad to hear things worked out for you. I don't like parting tractors out but some times it just makes a lot more sense then trying to rebuild it. I have a John Deere M that is pushing its limits as to if I sink any more money in it to resell or just part it out.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Gold Member

Dave,
    Alot of those tractors were sold down here in the Valley. Myers-Ward Tractor & Equipment in Fresno area should have parts for those if you need them in the future.
    Their number 800-344-9494
    Chuck M.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Chuck, I should have called you first, but I sold the engine for enough to cover what I have in the tractor. The customer told me it had a bad trans when he traded it in, so we basically got it at parts value...and hoped we would get lucky and find a minor problem. Sometimes that happens, and sometimes you get a pile of busted gears. I now have a set of orchard tires and orchard fenders to sell off of it, plus the front axle, rear diff, etc.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California