200.6 KB · Views: 884
  • DSCF1435a.jpg
    DSCF1435a.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 637
  • DSCF1440a.jpg
    DSCF1440a.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 619
   / Snowblowing with new Farmall #2  
That does look like fun, it also gives me goosebumps though :)

I moved away from snow in 1990, still don't miss it.

/Todd

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #3  
I believe they call that quality time. :)

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #4  
Thanks for sharing the pictures newred! Tell me more about the snowblower if you could. How big, what kind, and what's your experience with how difficult it is to take on and off. Do you have a loader for your tractor and if so, do the loader brackets need to come off to use that.

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall
Blower is 63 " CaseIH as is cab ,also have mower deck , tiller and loader - all CaseIH.Blower is quik attach. Flip a lever , unhook pto shaft and quick plug wire harness for electric chute rotation and chute raise /lower. Subframe quick hitch stays on if you have front blade or broom . I found better to take subframe off for loader , 2 pins and 2 hyd hoses just unplug quick couplers. also uncouple pto from trans/ rear end. loader brackets stay on year round.Blower on or off 5 min max. Subframe 5 min. .Loader on/off 5min.Loader needs to be on to install / remove midmount mower - 5 min as well. mower is too wide too roll out from under tractor , use loader to lift front end in air then roll deck in or out.Dealer installed cab , I haven`t had off yet but last 2 years I had a DX24E with same setup except loader and cab would take approx 1 hour to install / remove. I traded up to DX26 when I wanted loader to get much increased lift.

I gained alot of loader lift going from DX24E to DX 26 . By times could use more loader capabilities but only have 1 acre here to mow and 2 acre cemetary. Wouldn`t want alot bigger , heavier tractor at cemetary and a wider deck wouldn`t fit very well between stones . Went from side discharge to rear discharge as well , both mid mount. rear discharge does much nicer job , wheels are better , doesn`t leave any visible residue of blow it all over stones .

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #6  
newred.

What drives the blower. The hydraulic lines? What price is the unit and from what you said I guess it could be adapted to a Kubota.

Do you think the unit could cut thru hard packed snow that comes from drifting?

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall
Catman 1

CaseIH makes a subframe with pto known as a quick hitch . The frame on this model fastens to front frame of tractor , extends and and pins to rear drawbar. It also entends mid pto to the front. the hydraulics quick attach to the tractor ( I am using remotes for loader ,last tractor had no loader ,dealer installed front hyd remote quick couplers ) and the clylinder moves a toungue up and down. This quick frame is then ready to mount 3 CaseIH tools - front mount blower or front mount rotary broom or a blade . The blower and or broom are powered by the pto from quick hitch that is extended from mid pto.

This is my 3rd year with front mount blower , drifts are no problem , no chains required with 4 wd . I bought a set of chains for 1st tractor , never had them on.

If the subframe could be adapted to a Kubota , and it had mid pto , it would work but does Kubota not make their own ? Probably some fab , modification work to make subframe but Kubota . Also probably should check to make sure pto is same size , rpm. I think CaseIH mid pto is 1000rpm ?

Newred

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #8  
Thanks for the description newred. I am going to see dealer today about a blower. So you say that drifts that are hard packed are ok with the blower. Drifts are a real problem with my area. A blower would be a good way to clear them out without building up the sides with a plow. Also my wife could do that easier when I am out of town and the wind comes up.

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #9  
I'm just going to state the obvious -- you really need a cab with that snowblower on there!

/ Snowblowing with new Farmall #10  
Yes, got one. That was my first priority. Comfort, tunes and place for the coffee to stay put and warm!!!!