Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #1  

davemhughes

Silver Member
Tractor
SAME 40hp turbo charged 4cyl diesel w/fel
The ergonomics and size was what i liked best about it. It had the best so far in easy to reach layouts to the open work stations I have tested. The tractor is a solid Utility tractor that actually sat a little too high for my liking but it is an ag tractor. The trans was smooth on shift points and the brakes worked well. The fel was the best so far I have tried out reguarding the fel cycle being very quick even at idle, almost too quick. The tractor I tested had a 84in bucket which in my mind is too big and this tractor needs a 72in bucket. The 84in scooped up the sand and was only 2/3 full and I had it at eye level and dropped it down quickly and stopped it see how it handle the load and the left rear bounce off the ground. I am sure it was only an inch or so but I thought this is an accident waiting to happen with a full load in that bucket with dirt/sand/or rock. The dealer said I could put wheel weights on it. He said maybe 500lb would do it and I said I thought 1000lb at the very least with that bucket fully loaded. He said well don't fully load it and there would not be a problem, with the problem being I always load them buckets up.....fewer trips. He did not want to put a 72in bucket on it for me as he said he would then have to re-inventory the 84in bucket. This tractor had 14hrs on it and was a demo. I will say that if the guy would have worked with me on the bucket issue I would have bought this tractor today but him being inflexable and stubborn and then being an *** by taking no fewer than 3 phone calls on his cell phone while we talking money just irritated me. Plus just something about this guy I did not like and I try not put money in people's pockets i do not like unless I have no choice.

Great price on it with it being $28K as it sat.......

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #2  
Have them fill the tires for you and add a rear ballast. That's probably what the owners manual will tell you to do if operating the FEL anyway. The price sounds great.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #3  
Don`t you think maybe CaseIH and your dealer know a little more than you about proper size bucket for a tractor ? I think mine is 60 " on a DX26 with turf tires can fill the bucket with proper technique and experiance. Droppimg a bucket full of heavy sand fast 5` to a quick stop would create a larger than normal force to lighten the rear and would not be an unsafe tractor used properly and rear can`t come up much as bucket is almost at ground. Salesmen have lots of people just shopping around , looking for a price who never buy. Maybe those calls were regular paying customers , don`t think you got wronged. You want full buckets to reduce trips but want a smaller bucket ? Makes no sense in my mind ! The larger bucket not quite full will also spill less material on your drive or lawn as you hit a bump. i think with an attitude like yours , salesman lost nothing , maybe did himself a favour .

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today
newred said:
Don`t you think maybe CaseIH and your dealer know a little more than you about proper size bucket for a tractor ? I think mine is 60 " on a DX26 with turf tires can fill the bucket with proper technique and experiance. Droppimg a bucket full of heavy sand fast 5` to a quick stop would create a larger than normal force to lighten the rear and would not be an unsafe tractor used properly and rear can`t come up much as bucket is almost at ground. Salesmen have lots of people just shopping around , looking for a price who never buy. Maybe those calls were regular paying customers , don`t think you got wronged. You want full buckets to reduce trips but want a smaller bucket ? Makes no sense in my mind ! The larger bucket not quite full will also spill less material on your drive or lawn as you hit a bump. i think with an attitude like yours , salesman lost nothing , maybe did himself a favour .

What it is, is that I expect of others as I expect of of myself. Honesty, integrity, and straight forwardness. As I seek to do business and interact with others of like character it becomes easy to spot those who just do not care about the service they provide. In his business its about turning a buck as fast as possible which tells me long term the service part of purchase will be lacking when I have a problem.

In my business each and every patient/customer matters and if they have concerns then I have concerns and I do my best to resolve them. This takes effort and people know when effort is being made and they know when it is not. Price is important in large ticket items but the character or quality fiber of those I do business with is even more important or the poor quality also is important to quickly spot. Most of the time its easy to spot when interacting with folks face to face as well as the lack there of is also easy to spot face to face. Its the same at times electronically easy to spot or in this case easy to spot the lack of.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #5  
Dave, if I remember right the JX series is the same as the NH TDD line so you do have some options as far as dealers go.

I do agree with the other poster on the loader issue. If you put a lot of weight in the bucket then drop it fast with little or no rear counter weight it will bounce on you. This is true with compacts on up to full size tractors. Fill the rear tires and be smooth with the joystick control and you should never have a problem.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today
Robert_in_NY said:
Dave, if I remember right the JX series is the same as the NH TDD line so you do have some options as far as dealers go.

I do agree with the other poster on the loader issue. If you put a lot of weight in the bucket then drop it fast with little or no rear counter weight it will bounce on you. This is true with compacts on up to full size tractors. Fill the rear tires and be smooth with the joystick control and you should never have a problem.

I know it needs weight, never was in disagreement about almost all tractors needing some weight added. But even the dealer stated it was a very big bucket for dirt work. Was ordered for a guy who requested the 84in deep scoop bucket who then bought a JX95 cab model w/grapple bucket instead. He also said everyone who looked at it had commented on the bucket. Talking with a different dealer down the road who said he had no problem transferring that tractor in and putting a 72 on it and changing the 30in tires to 28's for me and filling the rears with fluids, then moving the tire set out for a wider lower profile stance. Going to cost $1500 more but worth it to me. He's trying to work the deal right now for me. This guy has probably gained a customer for life if we can pull it together.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #7  
Is it a dirt bucket or a material bucket? If it is a material bucket then I can see the issue of it being kind of big for dirt work. I know on the TN I have used both the 72" and 84" buckets and really don't notice any difference. The one with the 84" bucket is a TN 75 so it has the extra horses but with the proper weight it really doesn't throw the tractor around.

In the end all that matters is that you are happy with your purchase and if the 72" bucket will do that then great. Hopefully the new dealer can get things taken care of for you.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #8  
I have the need for a tractor for round baled hay and general farm tasks on hilly acreage, and have been looking at the JX75 & NH TT75A. Our local dealer is asking $28K for a JX75 w/ 73" loader with 130+ hours on it. If you're being offered an equivalent machine with less hours (14) for the same price - I need to keep looking. Does anyone have any experience with the NH TT line? It is $3k less in price but with a simpler tranny, no shuttle and lower flow hydraulics. JD and Kubota were looked at first, but they have been consistently higher priced with significantly higher financing rates.

Any thoughts on the JX75 vs NH TT75A? This purchase is a really big ticket item, and I need to get it right. Any first hand experiences or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #9  
I would re-think the tt75. Look at the rear-end and pto shaft.

This is a lightweight tractor. I don't know what NH is thinking about this one.

/ Test drove a JX75 w/fel MFWD today #10  
HillSide said:
I have the need for a tractor for round baled hay and general farm tasks on hilly acreage, and have been looking at the JX75 & NH TT75A. Our local dealer is asking $28K for a JX75 w/ 73" loader with 130+ hours on it. If you're being offered an equivalent machine with less hours (14) for the same price - I need to keep looking. Does anyone have any experience with the NH TT line? It is $3k less in price but with a simpler tranny, no shuttle and lower flow hydraulics. JD and Kubota were looked at first, but they have been consistently higher priced with significantly higher financing rates.

Any thoughts on the JX75 vs NH TT75A? This purchase is a really big ticket item, and I need to get it right. Any first hand experiences or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd go with the JX or a TD lots more tractor,especially if you plan on keeping it.