IH-424 Brake Parts

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I have been looking for a good online source of parts for a IH-424 my girlfriend owns. She needs brake repair and I can do it, but I have only found one source on the web and would like to order online rather than buy from the local dealer or at least have prices to compare. Does anyone on this forum know of a good online or mail-order source for parts? Thanks.

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #2  
How about this this?

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #3  
ihc.gif

VALU-BILT Tractor Parts- 888 828-3276

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.waltstractors.com/intl.htm>Walts Tractor Parts for IH</A>

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ IH-424 Brake Parts
Thanks, John. Walt's has the part I needed (brake discs). I owe you one....

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #5  
You might want to check out..www.batescrop.com
There carry lot of those hard to find IH parts.

/ IH-424 Brake Parts
Thanks, Thomas. I stumbled across Bates Corp. in a search earlier, but I couldn't find the part I needed. ...don't remember why./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ IH-424 Brake Parts
Thanks, Mike. I checked out both your links and I may use one of them if the one I got from John Miller doesn't work out. It looks pretty strong though, because it had the exact parts and prices listed on their site. All you guys have been a great help. I hope I can return the favor./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #8  
Jim, another source that is not on-line are Temco dealers. Around here, a lot of the independent tractor and farm supply stores are Temco, and they have a catalogue that specializes in old tractor parts. So far, my local Temco guy has had every part I've needed for my Ferguson in stock.

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ IH-424 Brake Parts #9  
I to have the parts that you may need but do you really need them? Those brake systems normally will get rusty and the the grooves that the balls run in will get filled up. The springs will also get stretched. They often just need to be cleaned as the discs don't wear that much. You may need to replace them but it might be wise to take them apart first.

/ IH-424 Brake Parts
Art, I can tell immediately that you have lots of experience with the brakes on this type of tractor. I agree with you 100% about taking the brakes apart before buying parts. I am just trying to get all my sources "lined up" before I get started on the repair. The problem is not only the brakes, but also the brake bull pinion shaft seal is bad. Oil has leaked out of the differential on the right side (where the differential lock is) and I'm pretty sure the brake discs on that side are soaked in oil. If so, it may be easier to replace the discs on that side after fixing the seal rather than try to get all the oil out of the linings. I'd hate to put it back together and then have a tiny bit of oil residue seep out and cause the brakes to fail again. I have a local Case dealer from whom I think I can order the seal, but if he is way too expensive on the brake discs, I may order online since they seem to be readily available for about $20 each.

I've been trying to convince my girlfriend to use my tractor while I work on hers, but she needs a little more practice on mine before she feels confident enough to use it and give up her tractor long enough for me to fix it. Her primary use right now is moving round bales about 200' to feed her goats. Soon, she will be mowing and I don't want her doing that without brakes. I just want to fix her tractor before she has an accident, so I'll be getting started on it soon. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for your help./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif