Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader

Default Re: High/Low Beams

My Case IH 385 has rectangular sealed beam light with three wires going to them, just like an automobile.

Maybe check the wires feeding the lights, three wires should indicate hi/lo beam bulbs.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Quote Originally Posted by geneP
    My Case IH 385 has rectangular sealed beam light with three wires going to them, just like an automobile.

Maybe check the wires feeding the lights, three wires should indicate hi/lo beam bulbs.
    Yes sounds like genuine high/low beams on that one. Have not worked on one with them though, and not really sure why one would need them. The old tractors just had bright/dim with one filiment in the bulb.
    Ben

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

I checked my new DX55 lights, and they are the same as agfords. 3 switches total, with the worklights switch in place of the highbeam switch. Only a hazard switch to the right of the steering column, with a blank in the dash where the manual shows a worklight switch.
    I'm suprised they still show it this way, since my manual is for the new version DX55 (after 2/07), and the manual is a 2/2007 revision.

After seeing some tractors working the fields looking like a UFO landing, I would guess you have one beam pattern for driving on the road and the rest for illuminating the fields. A wide tractor with glaring headlights could be a real problem on the road, but you need lots of light in a wide area when working.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12