High/Low Beams

/ High/Low Beams #1  

agford4x4

Silver Member
Tractor
Case DX55
OK, well, after checking in the NH forum, maybe my high beam indicator is not out, i just don't know how to turn the high beams on.

How is this accomplished on the DX55? I have two switches on the left of the wheel, one is a double switch that turns on the ins. cluster and tail lights, and then turns on the headlights if you push it further forward. The one to its right turns on the work lights. The only other button is to the right of the wheel and it turns on the hazzard flashers. I see no way to turn on the high beams, is it an optional accessory?

/ High/Low Beams #2  
Umm, don't think tractors have high/low beams. Don't go fast enough to require high beams I guess.
Ben

/ High/Low Beams #3  
well, yeah, at least some tractors have high and low beams. My '89 model Case IH has 'em. It's not how fast you're going, it's where do you want to look? I don't know about the newer tractors, though.

/ High/Low Beams #4  
If your manual is the same as mine look on page 2-9.The switch all the way to the left of the shuttle shift is the headlight switch toggle's as follow's .Off,the mid position turn's on the instrument panel and taillight's,front position is road light's lowbeam ,instrument panel,and taillight's.The switch next to it is the high beam switch.Both are to the left of steering wheel.From left to right you have road light's switch then high beam switch then to the right of the steering wheel work light switch then hazard switch.This info is for the TC55DA.It should be the same if the case isnt different from the NH.

/ High/Low Beams #5  
My Ford 2120 which is the basis for the TC48/55 has high and low beams. They are selected by a rotary switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

Andy

/ High/Low Beams
my manual is a little different. it actually only make note of 3 switches. Two on the left and one on the right. However, the parts diagram on case has 4 switches on the dash. So, i don't know. I have the double switch on the left, then the work light switch to the right, then the hazard switch on the right of the wheel.

Who knows, i guess the US DX55 arent shipped with em.

/ High/Low Beams #8  
My 1949 Farmall C has high/low.

mark

/ High/Low Beams #9  
Just bright and dim, only one filiment in the bulbs on the farmalls.
there is a resistor behind the switch to drop the lamp voltage on low.
Not a beam thing, just intensity.
Ben

/ High/Low Beams
my manual shows the high beam indicator, but makes no mention of it when operating the lights, its a 2004 model year, so maybe it never really had the option, or they just considered the road lights the high beams. They only show 3 switches on the dash total.