Why choose DX33/34/35?

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #1  

jacobweaver32

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1533
This question comes in hindsight as I am a new MF 1533 owner (at least gonna be.. haven't taken shipment).... but those of you DX33/34/35 owners... why did you choose the Case IH over the Massey F?

I am not looking for a debate on which compact is better here really (maybe a little)... im just wondering because they were my second choice verses the MF. Maybe i just like red i dunno.....

Thanks

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #2  
jacobweaver32:

I did not go with either Case IH or MF due to lack of dealerships in my area. The dealerships in my area included JD, Kubota, and NH. All 5 brands are solid tractors and very competitive size for size. I went with NH. Jay

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #3  
Jacob,

I have a DX33 but my first purchase was the DX24. I went with Case when I purchased my my first tractor, DX24 mainly due to a few factors. The visiblity of the curved hood and loader, dealer support and interest in my purchase, and location and ease of use of controls. (Massey kinda treated me like I was just another Joe blow off the street who was wasting their time).

As for the DX33 I currently own, after the abuse I put my DX24 through without a single problem (ok - one blown hydrolic hose) I didn't even shop around. Just went back to my Case dealer and ordered my DX33. Can't say much for or against Massey as I've never done more than sit on one.

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #4  
Dealer is two miles away. Great shop. THe owner is a customer of mine. The salesman is my neighbor. Also I like the tractor. Well it's not here yet.

What really made up my mind was an elderly man could'nt get his tractor started, found out the starter was toast. He wanted to get his garden tilled. The dealership droped off thier demo dx34 for the weekend to keep him going. Also they sell ATV snowmobiles and lawn care equipment as well as the full CSE IH line.

THis is a fun place to hang out at. I just won some kind of prize at the open house, a blanket or something.

In short, it is the delaership.

/ Why choose DX33/34/35?
aye jk... I feel you on the loader visibility... that was a consideration of mine... but since I won't be using the loader all that much... I sortta lost that thought in the mist of all the others...

Honestly, I agree with you too.. that the DX has a newer fresher look.... but for some reason I found the MF big farmer look attractive to me.... I don't know guess I'm a wannabe. I don't know why though... cause in high school I was one of those pricks who picked on all the guys coming to school with doodoo on their boots from chores that morning....(I was a pretty boy).

Anyone else?

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #6  
Jacob,

I'm sure you'll be pleased with the new tractor. All of the major brands seem to be pretty close in capabilities. As for the loader, I bet you'll be surprised at how much you actually use it. Seems like I've found a hundred different uses that I never thought of. I've got a set of forks that come in real handy and just took delivery of a Markhem toothbucket today. If you plan on digging you've gotta get teeth. I read a few posts about how much they help but couldn't believe the difference. Got to use it this afternoon as I'm in the process of leveling for concrete. I leveled off the second section in a fourth of the time it took me yesterday using my standard bucket on the same size area. Anyway, have fun.

jk

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #7  
Jacob,

Couple of reasons I went with the TC 34 (DX34): I like the width compared to the MF (MF felt more narrow), like the 1.65L engine vs. 1.5L. Yes, the curved loader is nicer, IMO the Case/NH just feels more plush...(nicer lever layout, tilt, swivel seat etc.)

The Massey dealer (though closer) had a lot of what seemed to be "older" new inventory and only had gear transmission tractors in stock, so they had incentive to sell what they had rather than order a hydro. The dealer facility was a little on the weak side, so in conjuction with the fact that they had old inventory - lets just say it raised a red flag.

Have to say if I had decided on a larger tractor, the 1547 was among my favorites -- I think the MF red does have more of a larger farm feel...

Ultimately it came down to the dealer and I have 3 NH dealers in my area, not many Case... Maybe the competition's the reason the price and service is so good. Either way the blue is growing on me....

Rich

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #8  
Jacob:

I looked hard at the MF, Agco, Kubota, Deere, Mahindra, etc. I finally decided on the DX series Case. Reasons include: Dealership attitude, amount of breakable stuff hanging underneath the tractor since I'm in the woods a lot, price, seat, ergonomics of the controls, overall height with ROPS up and Ag tires on since I have an overhead door it must fit through, width, and loader reach and lift height as well as strength.

I basically got the biggest tractor I could that would fit where I wanted to take or put it. It seems huge compared to my old B7100. I got the Case over the NH due to the dealer, and chose a dealer in the next town over instead of the "local" one due to the attitude of the sales guy at the local store. I got A-plan pricing on CNH tractors, which made it tough for the others to compete. This dealer (Ashland Implement) offered me 50% more for my old tractor than the Mahindra guy did, too.

/ Why choose DX33/34/35?
I just took delivery last night. Pretty exciting... and honestly nervious (I'm a new operator.) But I got the basic training from the guys at the dealership so I felt confident enough to go for a ride.
They delivered it with the BH attached not the deck so I got to try that first.
Everything went great and I am very satisfied. see my post for pictures http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson/97256-took-delivery-woot.html

I have to be honest though, I thought I did alot of research and investigating of the different man'fers but you guys seemed to go beyond what I did....I guess I was concentrating mostly on specs, dealer and price.... not so much the finer things such as levers, seats and visibility.

I guess now that I think of it I have one complaint and one concern. 1. I wish I would have got a 24in bucket because the tractor & BH can definately handle it. 2. I am concerned that maybe the weight of the tractor might crush my yard when I finally get it in..... I guess we'll see.

Thanks for the different perspectives

/ Why choose DX33/34/35? #10  
Soil compaction is a concern for anyone with heavy machinery, whether farming or mowing lawn. That's why there is a lot of discussion about tire types and pressures here -- lower pressures and less agressive tires are easier on the lawns.