LX118 Loader adjustment

/ LX118 Loader adjustment #1  

agford4x4

Silver Member
Tractor
Case DX55
Is it possible to adjust the loader? for whatever reason, its not level or even on both sides. Its not far off, and it probably doesnt make any difference, but was just curious.

/ LX118 Loader adjustment #2  
The buckets not level or the loader arms ? Either way something must be bent / warped . the cylinders are plumbed in parallel , one could extend more than thee other but not without twisting loader frame , be there done that on 100 hp tractor - don`t take loader off on unlevel ground. By the way , are you on good level ground , if back tires are unlevel with the ground under the loader , bucket won`t be parallel to ground. extend your loader all the way up or down and cylinders should reach max travel at same time , if not hydraulics should finish the stroke on the last one and then the should remain the same next time , if not have dealer check , somethings twisted.

/ LX118 Loader adjustment #3  
When a loader is unlevel, the first thing I would check is tire pressure, particularly in the rear tires, but also in the front ones. Next, I'd put the tractor onto a completely flat surface and start making measurements to ensure tractor itself is level. Finally, I'd go the the loader frame, subframe, and mounting points to measure them. If everything turns out the same, then the loader might be bent. Just some ideas....

/ LX118 Loader adjustment
What is the acceptable 'unlevel' amount" Im talking like 1"-1.5" tops. When i say unlevel, i mean one side of the bucket touched the ground when the other doesnt quite make it. I can actually bounce on one end of the bucket and make it touch the ground. I don't think anything is bent. The arms are right, it looks like the mounts are not bolted on exactly in the same place, as in one is slightly out of whack. One of the black mounts seems to be tilted back a hair more than the other, corresponding to the bucket being higher on that side. There has to be a little bit of play from the bolt holes when it goes on before its tightened down. With the frame of the loader, everything looks square, lines are parallel to the front, cylinders are extended the same amount, the bucket isnt bowed, it actually just looks like one arm isnt quite as 'down' as the other, but since the cylinders are in the same location, it leads me to the part where that mounts to a frame that mounts to the tractor.

/ LX118 Loader adjustment #5  
Take it off and put it back on again. Something may be just a tad out of line. Mine has never hit the garage floor exactly level -- I don't honestly know if the floor is slightly crooked or the loader, but the right side touches the floor when the left is about 1/4 inch up. The QA plate may be on a little crooked, the bucket may be a bit off. I don't know the assembly tolerances, but I imagine they are fairly generous for something intended for the type of work loaders are put to.

/ LX118 Loader adjustment
ive never noticed it before, its not that bad i don't think. I did add some air to one tire and that may have accentuated it. Its not going to matter when working with it, im just **** about my stuff.

/ LX118 Loader adjustment #7  
THere's a lot of that around here. At the other extreme are the guys who figure the tractor should be dirty unless it's in the showroom or else it isn't being properly used.