New Tractor DX40, New Member!

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #11  
I have a New Holland TC40. Same machine different color. Great tractor. I haul mine on a 20 ft Loadtrail trailer 10k Lb rating. I put the tractor w/loader, 6 ft tiller, 6 ft pulverizer and 6 ft bb on it. I pull them with 2 wheel 1500. I haven't had any problems. I have a small lawn service buisness so I move around alot. The only thing I wish I did different would be to have tilt down ramps. The slide in ramps get heavy after a couple of times of moving them. Good luck with your tractor you will enjoy it.

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member!
ustobefarmer said:
I have a New Holland TC40. Same machine different color. Great tractor. I haul mine on a 20 ft Loadtrail trailer 10k Lb rating. I put the tractor w/loader, 6 ft tiller, 6 ft pulverizer and 6 ft bb on it. I pull them with 2 wheel 1500. I haven't had any problems. I have a small lawn service buisness so I move around alot. The only thing I wish I did different would be to have tilt down ramps. The slide in ramps get heavy after a couple of times of moving them. Good luck with your tractor you will enjoy it.

WOW, how do you load all that "stuff" on that trailer? Do you have to put the BB on first, then set the loader on top of the bb with the rest of the items behind the tractor? Can you show me a picture of this? I am surprised you want fold down ramps also. I was thinking with a 20 ft trailer, someone with a DX40 or TC40 may want the ability to overhand a finish mower by a foot or so. Maybe there is room. Thanks everyone!

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #13  
Rayh76, my equipment is not stored where I live. The next time I'm there I'll take some pictures. I load the BB on the front with a 2 ft space between it and the pulverizer. Then I park the tractor with the loader reaching over top of the pulverizer and the bucket on the floor in the dump position. I have the tiller mounted on the tractor. I have the back of the tiller about 2 inches from the back of the trailer. So tilt up ramps would work. I'm thinking about converting my ramps to tilt up this summer. I never weight the loaded trailer but it seems to be pretty well balanced.

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #14  
Just happened to have some pictures of my D40 loaded on a trailer behind my 1/2 ton Dodge. No problem, just get her loaded (balanced) right.
You are going to love that DX40

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 277
   / New Tractor DX40, New Member! #15  
klm said:
Just happened to have some pictures of my D40 loaded on a trailer behind my 1/2 ton Dodge. No problem, just get her loaded (balanced) right.

Excellent taste in tractors! (I have a DX40). I pull it
with a Volkswagen in a trailer just like in KLM's post.

A quick hitch may be of little benefit with deluxe extendable side links.
I do have a hydaulic top and tilt which may make things even easier.
But my experience was that it took more time and effort to
change implements with the "quick attach" then without it

Happy tractoring!

Rich

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #16  
JHTFarmer said:
Excellent taste in tractors! (I have a DX40). I pull it
with a Volkswagen in a trailer just like in KLM's post.

...snip...

You pull it with a Volkwagen?

/Todd

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #17  
ToddW said:
You pull it with a Volkwagen?

/Todd

sure do,

Yep, a German Ford. This one has a ten cylinder twin turbocharged/intercooled deisel under the hood. 313hp 550 ftlb torque.
wonderful engine: everything internally gear driven no external moving parts (no belts/pulleys). Its called a Touareg, weighs about 5500# tows 7700#.

klm said:

Thanks for all the comments guys. Thanks for the pics klm. How long is that trailer? Does your mower stick out the back a bit?

Well guys, the hour meter on my tractor is having problems!!! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! Anyone else had this problem?? Thanks.

/ New Tractor DX40, New Member! #20  
The trailer is 16' and yes the mower hangs out two or three feet.