jx vs. dx What is the difference

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference #1  

agford4x4

Silver Member
Tractor
Case DX55
Aside from more information on the spec sheet for the JX?

The dx has a shorter wheelbase.

Both offer equivalent power output. The JX has a larger engine, although i don't know why when they can put a smaller engine in and put out the same power??

Whats the difference? What does a jx do that a dx won't? The dx is listed as a utility tractor, which is fine, but im looking at the specs on the two.

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference #2  
a picture is worth a thousand words. I think if you saw a side-by-side
photo of a jx and dx series tractor the difference would be clear.
Better yet, if you have a nearby dealer, go sit on a dx and jx and talk to the sales person.
The Jx is essentially a larger framed tractor built for utility farm work,
haymaking, or production mowing, wheras the dx is smaller, more mobile,
and more useful for a homeowner, hobby farmer, landscaper.

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference #3  
Yeah, what looks like a few inches on paper is a whole lot more if it's trying to fit in your garage/barn or run across your lawn.

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference
I have a dx55, but i saw a jx and i got to looking at specs. I needed a tractor that was 'big' but at the same time able to make tight turns and not be wider than 6' or so because i use it in a wooded area where large trees are abundant, the more i can go between the better. I still dont see the point of the engine though, if i put out as much power as the JX, why wouldnt they put a smaller more efficient engine in to do the same work?

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference #5  
Don't get hung up on HP. The torque curve, hydraulic capacitiy, dry weight, lift capacity, etc. of the JX far exceeds the DX's. Put them in the field together on the same implements and the differences will really stand out.

/ jx vs. dx What is the difference
lift capacity on the 3 pt is 600lbs more and total flow is 3gpm more.

I wouldn't say it 'far exceeds' anything. Its definitely significantly heavier in weight, which is no good, and its a little longer wheelbase, which is no good (for me anyway)

That doesnt answer the question about the engine. I suppose the larger engine and slightly lower RPM is for nothing more than a nice solid flat wide torque curve. I can see that.

As for implements, the only thing i ever need to use is a shredder, auger, box blade and maybe some sort of disk. Im not talking like a 10' disc though.