case 446 garden tractor

/ case 446 garden tractor #1  

copar1973

it sqeels and dosnt want to move really bad when its hot. i got another used hydro motor and put on a little better. but is it hydro motor or hydralic pump.please help.

/ case 446 garden tractor #2  
It could be either one. It would be nice if you could ck the pressure's on both though.

/ case 446 garden tractor #3  
it sqeels and dosnt want to move really bad when its hot. i got another used hydro motor and put on a little better. but is it hydro motor or hydralic pump.please help.

You might want to check and see if brakes are fully disengaging and change hydro oil and check and see if cooling fins clear fans etc are working

/ case 446 garden tractor #4  
Make sure you are running 15-40 oil and not hydraulic fluid. Change the oil and put 15-40 Rotella motor oil in the hydraulic system.

/ case 446 garden tractor #5  
Make sure you are running 15-40 oil and not hydraulic fluid. Change the oil and put 15-40 Rotella motor oil in the hydraulic system.

Ditto!!

What fluid is in there?

/ case 446 garden tractor
im not sure what fluids in there.i had just recently bought the tractor. but im going to change it to be sure.

/ case 446 garden tractor #7  
i need to change my pump because when it gets hot it is loosing power to move even in low range. how many gpm and at what presure. can i put a bit bigger pump in it without hurting my system

/ case 446 garden tractor #8  
i need to change my pump because when it gets hot it is loosing power to move even in low range. how many gpm and at what presure. can i put a bit bigger pump in it without hurting my system

What is the model and serial number of your tractor?

What do you have in the hydraulic system for oil?

You don't need a larger pump. What you do need is a system that has the wear and tear eliminated.

/ case 446 garden tractor #9  
My father bought a new Case 444 in about 1970 (bare tractor price then $1,469) and saved all the manuals. Here is what the operator's manual says with respect to oils for S/N 9646801 and later.
Hydraulic System: Use SAE 5W-20 motor oil in Winter (below 32°F) and SAE 20W-40 motor oil in Summer. Use only oil which is rated at API engine service classification SD or CC.

Transmission: Use SAE 20W-40 motor oil or SAE No. 80 EP Gear Lube in transmission the year around.

Engine: SAE 30 or 20W-40 at 30°F and above; SAE 10W-30 at 0°F to 30°F; and SAE5W-20 at 0°F and below.

I know this is late, but I just pulled the tractor out of storage and maybe the information will still be helpful to someone. It is not inconsistent with anything that has been said.

John

/ case 446 garden tractor #10  
No, it isn't inconsistent. It's just badly out of date. Go and try finding 20W40 oil today. Ingersoll themselves sell it as a privately branded product buy you'll pay around $10.00 per quart at the parts counter. Yamaha also sells it as a privately branded product for a similar amount. Even the motorcycle guys complain about that pricing on their forums.

The point is this. 20W40 is next to impossible to find and if you do find it, you won't like the price. If you want a multi-grade for the hydraulic system and the trans-axle, then 20W50 is the closest match but if you are running in temps that are always above freezing, then single -grade 30W is hard to beat. You can get that viscosity in Shell's Rotella T diesel grade motor oil and that oil meets the highest standards out there.