Pricing Help Case 222

/ Pricing Help Case 222 #1  

Kal130

Silver Member
As I wait for delivery of my new GC2400L, my thoughts turn to offering my old Case 222 garden tractor up for someone else to enjoy. My hope is that you guys can help me know what it's value is so I know how much to list it for. I am not looking to get rich off of it, just want to be sure I know what a fair deal would be. To complicate things, the dealer that I was working with to acquire the parts I needed to rebuild the engine told me that the tiller itself was worth considerably more than the tractor. I guess these units are hard to find. About 2 years ago I got frisky over the winter and tore the whole thing down, cleaned everything up and replaced the piston, valves, seals, etc in the 12hp kohler (k301 I think?). I also purchased a brand new starter and battery for the unit. It is a very strong running unit, hydraulic oil does tend to overheat if I run the tiller for to long (hour or so). I will usually till for about 30 minutes then let it rest for an hour or so before I run it again. It is quite a package deal I have to offer.

Case 222
model 222-76
Serial 9723458
MMM deck
Tiller
Model J-70 76
Serial M 41945

Case 222 spare parts machine.
Model 222
Serial 9781663
MMM

I have complete service manual and parts list on PDF and printed out. I also have several spare parts that I bought on eBay while I was bored. I have a hitch plate that I fabricated that fits on the lift bar in the back I use for pulling roller or trailer. The motor on the tiller probably needs the seals replaced. It has the extension on it that makes it a 42". Hoping this is enough information for you guys to help me out

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00120.JPG
    DSC00120.JPG
    577.7 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    566.3 KB · Views: 3,083
  • DSC00123.JPG
    DSC00123.JPG
    543.5 KB · Views: 1,099
  • DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    567.5 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00125.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    591.1 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC00128.JPG
    DSC00128.JPG
    588.4 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC00129.JPG
    DSC00129.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    556 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    558.8 KB · Views: 271
   / Pricing Help Case 222 #2  
Value is what is determined by seller and buyer with location being the strongest factor. Putting it on a local Craigslist with the pictures you have here, you will have every Case lover in the country hitting you up.

With looking at the pic's alone, your 222 is clean (and very nice), with mow deck alone I would think it's worth in ballpark of $750 esp the fact it has hydro pto which isn't seen often esp on the older one's like yours.

The tiller? yes they are rare but so is your 222 with with hydro pto to run it, I would suggest you strongly consider not seperating them since as a package togather could very well go for over $1,500 to the right person. I'm not sure if the tiller is worth more than the tractor but rather the highest value is with them togather.

Your "parts" 222 is what some might consider almost a complete GT, the engine, if it's good is worth at least $200, the hydro lift (parts on it that can be used to convert a 2xx manuel lift to hydro) go for at least $100. but non-running 200's don't seem to attract high dollars. No matter what you were asking if I was a possble buyer I wouldn't pay more than $200 for (Which if by chance you are in Missouri please contact me!!)

These are just my thoughts, (I'm no expert!!!) I only have been in the Case thing for about a year. There's a place called "my tractor forum" that has a Case Ingersol section that you will receive a positive response asking the same question there and show them your pictures.

Another suggestion as a thought, if you have room to store it don't sell it right now. With the tiller combination it will be worth more in March when people start thinking about putting in a gardening. Right now is a low price time to be selling: those who might buy are expecting bargins since it's winter, those selling seem to sell short just to get it out of their way.

Sales of these things are all over tha place, I tried to buy a 444 (which is just like the 222 expect it's has the bigger tires and frame) on my local CL that even had a three point hitch, blade and mowing deck but the engine "didn't run"..... That complete setup sold for $250 !!! I was ready to go as high as $750 but it was GONE by the time I got there (3 hours on CL).

Just 2 days a go a guy in my area sold a Case 222 that had no front PTO clutch and just a 44" deck (which was no good with with the PTO clutch bad) for $400. When I called him he told me the price had gone up to $450 but he had someone coming that evening and if it didn't sell he would call me back which he didn't and his ad on CL disappeared.

/ Pricing Help Case 222
Wow, thanks for that post. That was a lot of info. The tractor isn't rely in my way, just would like to have the money to buy tiller for my new GC. I've had the thing on CL now for about a week. Besides the two scammers I have had no bites yet. Want to meet in Illinois? Lol

/ Pricing Help Case 222 #4  
my buddy has a 444 and he moves snow like there is no tommarro with that thing with chains on, i would like on of these:thumbsup: