case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #1  

JProcken

Tractor
74 j.i.case 444
Hi I've been talking about buying a case 446 how ever I don't know much about them other than they are a good investment. I've yet to see it but I was told it has the hydraulics in the front for the snowblower but not in the back. Is there any way to put hydraulics in the back along with the PTO and 3 Pont hitch if there not one already??

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #2  
yes they do have hydraulics on the front. i have a 3pt hitch on mine which it has hydraulics but it is expensive and usually doesnt come with the tractor. they are a good piece to have. also they are a great investment. i use mine to plow me out of the snow with the front blade.

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #3  
I have the small rear wheel Ingersoll (like a 222) and it is a great tractor, but if you are thinking about a 3 point hitch, you might want to look at something like a small Kubota B6100, B7100 or similar. For about the same money, you will have a much more capable tractor that will use universal implements run off the rear or mid PTO. You could even get 4x4 for a small premium. Check out Search Tempest to find these tractors in your area.

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #4  
Hi I've been talking about buying a case 446 how ever I don't know much about them other than they are a good investment. I've yet to see it but I was told it has the hydraulics in the front for the snowblower but not in the back. Is there any way to put hydraulics in the back along with the PTO and 3 Pont hitch if there not one already??

There has never been a CASE 446 with hydraulics in the front for a snowblower. Ingersoll, the company that bought the Outdoor Power Equipment Division from J. I. Case in 1983, did make the 3100 and 4100 Series of All Hydraulic garden tractors in 1991, 92 and 93 that used a hydraulically driven snow blower but even then, the hydraulic connections were at the rear of the tractor, not the front.

All Case 200 and 400 Series Hy-driv tractors were sold as a basic power unit and could be optioned out when ordered from the factory or later on at the dealer. One of the options was the rear-mounted hydraulic PTO kit that was used to power the rototiller initially but other attachments were developed for it. Those include a 4 foot rough cut (Bush Hog style) mower, a 48" finishing mower for the 3 pt hitch, a Hydra-Bagger, a Hydra-Vac, a chipper/shredder and several log splitters.

It's hard to answer your inquiry when you do not state WHY you want such a tractor and WHAT you expect it to do for you. How about we start with that?

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #5  
I have the small rear wheel Ingersoll (like a 222) and it is a great tractor, but if you are thinking about a 3 point hitch, you might want to look at something like a small Kubota B6100, B7100 or similar. For about the same money, you will have a much more capable tractor that will use universal implements run off the rear or mid PTO. You could even get 4x4 for a small premium. Check out Search Tempest to find these tractors in your area.

I don't know where you do your shopping for tractors but I see lots of Case tractors being sold from $300.00 to $1500.00 depending upon year, model, condition, location and options.

The Kubota models you speak to seem to be a lot more expensive.

KUBOTA B6100, Used KUBOTA B6100, KUBOTA B6100 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

KUBOTA B7100, Used KUBOTA B7100, KUBOTA B7100 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

Do you have an explanation?

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #7  
Why are you always so abrasive, hydrive?

Abrasive?

Why are you so obtuse?

A new member comes here looking for information about CASE tractors and you talk about Kubota's instead. If you don't know squat about the topic, then why not refrain from posting? Do you honestly think you were helping him by not staying on topic?

I posted those links to show what the models you suggested sell for and I also stated what I see Case models sell for on a regular basis. That's called "information". So... where's your information that shows MY information is not correct?

I see guys like you on forums all the time that just seem compelled to post something even when there's no substance to what they type out.

The above isn't abrasiveness..... it's honesty. But I doubt that you will see at that way. Try putting some FACTS into your posts and perhaps people will begin to take you seriously.

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #8  
To the OP, check out Search Tempest if you are interested in my suggestion.

To the abrasive poster, have a nice life. You are on my ignore list.

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #9  
hydrive I wish I'd found this site when I had a 446. You have a wealth of information on the Case/Ingersoll machines. I got mine new as the change from Case was happening and had that machine for 25 years before selling it to get my used BX2230 a year ago. That 446 was a darn good machine.

/ case 446 PTO, hydraulics and 3ph #10  
hydrive I wish I'd found this site when I had a 446. You have a wealth of information on the Case/Ingersoll machines. I got mine new as the change from Case was happening and had that machine for 25 years before selling it to get my used BX2230 a year ago. That 446 was a darn good machine.

Thank you sir, for the kind words.

I agree that the 446 is an excellent machine and there are a large number of them still in active duty today. There is no question about the quality and strength of the Kubota line either. I'm sure that you are equally pleased with your BX.