Pulled the trigger today

/ Pulled the trigger today #1  

rober

Tractor
Gravely 5665
this is a continuation of my i '446 what's it worth thread. the tractor i was asking about was sold before i could seal the deal. i found a model 224 & drove to st genevieve , mo today to look at it. the guy had a 446 ( not for sale )as well so it was an opportunity to do a side by side comparison. long story short. after i drove both we talked awhile & i ended up buying the 446. it's a '76 & is in pretty good shape. it comes with a 44" mower deck, brinly 3 pt mow board plow, 2 gang 3 pt disc, & 3 pt harrow. the disc was for a ford garden tractor
but works on the case. the owner also fabricated a crossover pipe & install a large international muffler. he did a good job & did not bugger the engine. 2 new iron nipples & 3 new mufflers & it would be right back to being stock. but what he did works fine & is quiet so i'll leave it for now. there's a slight leak at the hydraulics that appears to be from the pump. i'll power wash it & should be able to pinpoint the leak after that. it also has a good set of rear ag type tires but needs new front tires NOW ( what size are they? i forgot to look ). he fabbed a front weight as well. the owner is packed to move but when he unpacks he'll find & forward owners manuals for the tractor & the mower deck. in the meantime i'll find one online & do some studying. the seller has to come up to st louis this week so he's delivering it mid week. i think i scored a decent rig! tomorrow i'm chasing down a tiller. if a front blade &/or a snow blower turn up i think i'll have what i need. i'm not sure what is with the tiller so i may need to find a sleeve hitch. i have to say that this forum really helped me to make informed decisions. i truly appreciate the help i received from this membership.

Attachments

• case 446.jpg
    case 446.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 177
  • case 446-2.jpg
    case 446-2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 175
  • case 446-6.jpg
    case 446-6.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 178
  • case446-4.jpg
    case446-4.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
   / Pulled the trigger today #2  
Not that it matters all that much but that tractor is not a 1976 unless it is a very, very early production one. You also have Ag's on the back or did you not notice?

With a 3 pt, you just need the F-27 Sleeve Hitch adapter to mount the tiller but you will also need a rear PTO valve to power the tiller.

The only place you will find the Op Manual is on my site.

If the disc set was meant for 3 pt hitch use, then it is standard CAT 0 which is a universal standard amongst all brands of tractors except Sears. Ford never even made their own GT's, let alone attachments.. IF this has one set of discs mounted behind another set of discs, then it was always a CAT 0 3pt hitch attachment because no one made two gang discs for sleeve hitches.

/ Pulled the trigger today
the last 2 digits of the serial number were 76. i did mention ag type rear tires in the description. as far as the disc the owner said it was off of a ford garden tractor. i have no idea who made it. so what's the url for your website?

/ Pulled the trigger today #4  
Yes.... you are correct... you did mention the ags.

The serial number is used to define the year but not in the manner you mentioned. If you told me that the MODEL NUMBER said "446-76", then I would agree that it is a 1976 but the fact that the last two digits of the PIN or serial number happened to end in "76" has no meaning. Get me the entire Serial Number and I can tell you the year.

The front tire size is 16:00 x 6:50 x 8

Walmart.com: Carlisle 16 x 6.50 -- 8 Turf Saver II Lawn & Garden Tire: Lawn & Tractor Tires

You need the serial number from your tractor to find the manuals here.

CaseColtIngersoll Lawn and Garden Tractor Forum

i guess we're on hold til the tractor arrives then

/ Pulled the trigger today #6  
No, not really.

Go to the site. Join.. Then find the Tech Library.....Operator's Manuals......Onan Powered Tractors and select the first manual. Click on the red icon.

That should be your tractor.

are the front tires tubeless?