Electric Clutch

/ Electric Clutch #1  

snaps44

Tractor
case 220
Does anyone make a electric pto clutch for a Case 220?

/ Electric Clutch #2  
Lucky for you....the answer is no.

There is no reason to put one of those pieces of junk onto your tractor. The OEM mechanical clutch is far and away superior because it can be rebuilt again and again as well as being able to be adjusted on a timely basis. Most electric clutches are "sealed units". When they fail, you toss out the entire clutch and then spend another $300.00 plus to replace it.

On the other hand, you can service your OEM clutch by replacing the bearings and the clutch facing and any other small items, as needed.

All parts are still available along with complete, new clutches.

/ Electric Clutch
Wow you seem to have a strong opion on electric clutches. Can you give me some information where to get oem parts?

/ Electric Clutch #4  
Yes I do... I have seen owners attempt to install electric clutches in the past and few of them have worked out well. Several have been disappointed with the results and wish they had never done it.

Case, Colt and Ingersoll Garden Tractor Parts

is an on-line source for parts. Bob is an excellent Ingersoll dealer that has been in the business for many years. He is also very knowledgable. In order for you to successfully rebuild the OEM clutch, you need the Service Manual. If you don't have one, then you are welcome to send me an e-mail and I will supply you with one.

/ Electric Clutch
Thanks for the Case parts web site. I looked at it and it seems to have everthing I"ll need. I'm sure I will need a Service Manual. Do you E-Mail or mail it and what is the cost?

/ Electric Clutch #6  
There's no cost and yes.... it's accessible via your computer.